ABOUT THE SUSTAINABLE PROCUREMENT COURSE
Global supply chain has become the centre-stage of sustainability concerns in the recent years. Globalisation and economic growth have caused huge environment and social impact, especially global warming, pollution and community wellbeing. Member states of United Nations have pledged to achieve Sustainable Development Goals by 2030 and limit global warming to 1.5 ⁰C from the pre-industrial level (COP26). Multinational corporations have significant roles in leading the change towards sustainable supply chain. Beside implementing sustainable business practices within their organizations, MNCs may lead their suppliers through Sustainable Procurement policies and initiatives. In this 2-day course, you will learn about Sustainable Procurement topics, strategies, standards and practices.
Duration: 2-day course
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN FROM THE SUSTAINABLE PROCUREMENT TRAINING?
At the end of the course, participants will be able to:
- Explain the scope and importance of Sustainable Procurement
- Measure carbon emission in supply chain
- Apply ISO20400 Sustainable Procurement Guidance
- Implement Procurement Practises and Supplier Social & Environment Assessment as part of Sustainable Reporting
Topics to be covered in this course include:
- International business ethnics principle and norms
- Define Sustainable Procurement
- UN Sustainable Development Goals relevant to procurement
- Sustainability challenges in Southeast Asia
- Sustainability standards relevant to today's procurement
- Core subjects of Sustainable Procurement
- Key considerations for Sustainable Procurement
- Organising procurement function
- Applying Sustainable Procurement to procurement processes referencing ISO20400
- Procurement Code of Conduct
- Supply chain fraud
- Strategies for Sustainable Procurement
- Environmental conservation & protection in supply chain
- Carbon footprint in supply chain
- Managing sustainability performance and reporting
- Leading sustainable procurement initiatives
WHAT IS THE SUSTAINABLE PROCUREMENT TRAINING METHODOLOGY?
This is a 2-day instructor-led training workshop. Participants will have opportunities to participate in class activities, which includes discussions, case studies, poll questions and presentations.
WHO SHOULD TAKE THE SUSTAINABLE SUPPLY CHAIN COURSE?
This course is specially designed for:
- Professionals from procurement, supply chain and sustainability functions and are responsible for identifying opportunities or driving sustainable procurement effort in their organization.
Prerequisite: Prior knowledge in end-to-end procurement processes
WHO IS THE SUSTAINABLE SUPPLY CHAIN COURSE ADVISOR?
The course content and structure are designed by the domain experts from TÜV SÜD.
With immense experience and knowledge in the relevant sustainable procurement standards, our team of product specialists and technical experts at TÜV SÜD, developed the course content based on current business landscape and market requirements.
WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF ENROLLING IN THIS SUSTAINABLE PROCUREMENT TRAINING?
- Lead Sustainable Procurement initiatives as part of the organization effort to achieve sustainable development goals
- Understand the requirements for implementing sustainable procurement standards related to managing environmental, social and governance (ESG)
- Drive supply chain projects to deliver positive Triple-bottom lines, i.e. planet, people and profit
- Set relevant objectives and positive results in sustainability report or/and carbon reporting for supply chain