What are used vehicle management solutions?
Players in the used vehicle industry are facing increasing pressure and competition from new online marketplaces providing buyers with more options to choose from. Used vehicle management solutions involve a variety of services intended to support the used vehicle industry to respond to these challenges, enhance and optimise their business processes and ultimately boost revenue and efficiency.
Why are used car management services important?
There are multiple benefits for car dealers using used vehicle management solutions, including:
- Improving profitability by optimising processes, strengthening transparency and increasing employee efficiency
- Boosting your sales by using the latest technology
- Maintaining a competitive edge as used car business solutions help you to improve management of your operations and help you achieve your business targets
- Delivering consistent quality standards by establishing uniform training, processes and measurements within your dealership and throughout your network
- Enhancing employee efficiency as training and support services help to ensure that your staff is providing the best customer service possible
TÜV SÜD is your one-stop partner for used vehicle management
With over 100 years of experience in providing solutions for safe mobility worldwide, TÜV SÜD offers a comprehensive range of solutions and service packages that are tailored to match your business needs. Our team of automotive experts is committed to delivering wide-ranging industry knowledge to support you in making your vehicle dealership or fleet management operations more profitable. Our expertise as a neutral and independent third-party inspection provider enables TÜV SÜD to be your trusted partner in achieving high standards of quality and safety results that bring long-term value to your business.
TÜV SÜD’s used car management services
We provide you with a comprehensive range of used car management services at every stage of your value chain:
Used vehicle certification services
TÜV SÜD’s used vehicle certificate ensures the reliability and quality of the vehicle by delivering a robust report demonstrating that the vehicle has undergone an independent technical evaluation. The report contains the results of a comprehensive range of tests and rigorous inspections, which include:
- Brake tests to ensure functionality and responsiveness of brakes
- Emission testing in accordance to the respective country’s regulations
- Lighting systems inspection to ensure they are in top working conditions and are in line with legal requirements
- Tests of technical electronic components and systems
Used car dealership coaching
TÜV SÜD provides used car dealership coaching based on a 6P strategy (process, presentation, promotion, profit, products and personnel). Based on this strategy our experts work together with you to optimise your used vehicle operations.
Our coaching, through periodical meetings and a dedicated phone support service, includes the following:
- Reviewing the processes and improving individual process steps
- Recognising and strengthening used vehicle potentials by implementing a professionalised approach to technical assessment and intake calculation
- Establishing a qualitative and quantitatively-unified quality standard
- Planning and optimising the future used vehicle portfolio, as well as identifying all related tasks such as dynamic pricing strategy and acquisition
Web-based tools for efficiency
TÜV SÜD has developed two web-based tools that help you add value to your sales processes and enhance your revenue margins.
- CGP Price tool enables customers to determine market-appropriate purchase and sales prices quickly and easily, giving them an accurate basis for standardised, micro-market-oriented used car prices. This tool potentially reduces the entire pricing process by 75 percent to only 10 minutes in a five-step process.
- The National Used Car Monitoring System (NUMoS) provides users with a comprehensive overview of the financial situation of their used vehicle division. This tool delivers a thorough analysis of all relevant key performance indicators (KPI) that will help you achieve financial transparency and a more professionalised management. Customers can also adjust the analysis parameters to match their business requirements.
Used car reconditioning and returns
The reconditioning of used vehicles comprises many steps and procedures, from cosmetic reconditioning to depreciation reports. The services include:
- Professional cleaning, detailing, polishing, sealing, and cosmetic reconditioning
- Coordination of repair services
- Administrative services
- Depreciation reports for returned vehicles
- Handling of vehicle registrations and de-registrations
- Procurement of license plates
Display area concepts
TÜV SÜD display area concepts service creates a customised plan that arranges your used vehicle area into an interest-oriented presentation platform, based on your specific requirements regarding used vehicle presentation. Guided by the SOCA (Signalisation, Orientation, Communication and Atmosphere) concept, TÜV SÜD provides before-and-after illustrations based on photographs as well as modified floor plans to help you visualise how your space can be best utilised.
Used vehicle management with TÜV SÜD PhotoFairy
The TÜV SÜD PhotoFairy products support you in optimising the reselling process of your used vehicles.
- With TÜV SÜD PhotoFairy-Basic, you can perfectly process photos from your vehicles for an ideal commercialization. Images from various sources including self-taken pictures can be rapidly processed and unified. With TÜV SÜD PhotoFairy the additional visit of a professional photographer becomes obsolete so that you can save time and money. Thanks to a comprehensive professional photo editing and processing, you usually get a professional vehicle presentation within 24 hours, in line with your Corporate Design.
- A new element is TÜV SÜD PhotoFairy 360°, which is able to create 360° images of your vehicle interiors and exteriors. In doing so, used cars become tangible and you can increase your sales opportunities.
Used car management training
Our comprehensive training programmes are applicable to both retailers and manufacturers. We can customise a programme that includes training for sales associates, managers and appraisers.