Ensure compliance of gloves to relevant regulatory standards
Gloves manufacturers must ensure their products exhibit optimum flexibility, elasticity, strength, and protection against micro-organisms during its application. At the same time, it should also allow the users to maintain dexterity and comfort while performing their work with the gloves on.
Since glove products are used in variety of sectors including medical, dental, food manufacturing and processing, automotive, electronics and laboratories, manufacturers must align their business to meet the rapidly changing needs, in order to protect workers of those industries.
Various types of gloves can be found in the market such as latex, nitrile, vinyl (powdered / powder-free, sterile / non-sterile etc.), to serve different usage.
International Standards Applicable:
– Food service gloves: ASTM D7246
– Nitrile examination glove: ASTM D6319
– Polyvinyl chloride glove: ASTM D5250
– Rubber examination glove: ISO 11193, ASTM D3578
– Surgical rubber glove: ISO 10282, ASTM D3577
– Protective glove for standard use: EN 374-1/2/3/4, EN 388
– Medical glove testing: EN 455-1/2/3/4, ASTM D5151 / D6124 / D7102 / D7160
TÜV SÜD PSB offers comprehensive tests on various types of gloves:
Medical gloves for single use
– Leachable proteins
– Abrasion resistance
– Blade cut resistance
– Chromium (VI) content
– Resistance to penetration
– Extractable protein content
– Puncture resistance
– pH value
– Tear resistance
– Water vapour transmission and absorption
Rubber Surgical Gloves
– Antigenic protein content
– Aqueous soluble protein content
– Freedom from holes
– Powder amount
– Powder free residue
– Tensile test
TÜV SÜD PSB laboratories are accredited to the requirements of ISO 17025 by the Singapore Laboratory Accreditation Scheme (SAC-SINGLAS).
Bosnia and Herzegovina