WHAT IS CURTAIN WALL AND SKYLIGHT TESTING?
A curtain wall is a building facade in which the outer walls are non-structural. Typically designed with extruded aluminium members and infilled with glass, they are widely used for its aesthetically architectural appeal and they allow natural light into the building. As a protection against weathering, there is a need to consider its design requirements such as: thermal expansion and contraction; building sway and movement; water diversion; and thermal efficiency for cost-effective heating, cooling and lighting in the building.
These tests are conducted to ensure the systems tested are in compliance with international standards and methods like SIROWET, AS/NZS Australia and New Zealand Standard, AAMA American Standard, ASTM American Standard, British Standard, JIS Japanese Standard, SS Singapore Standard or any other standards or methods required by the Authority.
TÜV SÜD FACILITIES
- Sunshade load test
- Operate window sashes
- Acoustic Performance test
- 80 Displacement transducers
- Dynamic water penetration test
- Seismic and vertical movement test
- Positive test chamber for AS/NZS4284
- Seal degradation / BMU restraint load test
- Fully computerized data acquisition equipment
- Curtain Wall Chamber – size 14m (L) x 10m (D) x 16m (H)
- Fully automatic test procedure for static and cyclic
- Water penetration test
BENEFITS OF CURTAIN WALL AND SKYLIGHT TESTING
- Protect your company from costly and image damaging scandals and recalls.
- Reduce your business risks by meeting regulatory requirements and standards.
- Increase quality and safety of your products and processes.
- Save time and costs as we provide you with a one-stop testing and certification service.
- Leverage on our global accreditations.
- Leverage on our state-of-the-art laboratories with comprehensive testing equipment and professional expertise.
- Increase customer confidence in your product when your product goes through independent testing.
- Shorten your time-to-market and increase market access when you meet regulatory requirements and standards.