Undergoing test is a critical step to market your reliable products
Face mask testing is conducted to ensure that the products fulfill the national and international standards. These tests are also used to define and maintain product specifications, quality control and assurance, also to evaluate the capability of the manufacturing processes. Different levels of face masks are appropriate for different situations and needs.
General-Use-Masks and Surgical Face Masks can be tested using ASTM F2100 and EN 14683 guidelines.
• Bacterial Filtration Efficiency (BFE) – Efficiency of the face mask material(s) as a barrier to bacterial penetration
• Synthetic Blood Penetration / Fluid Resistance / Splash Resistance – The ability of a face mask to withstand penetration of synthetic blood projected at a given pressure
• Sub-micron Particle Filtration Efficiency (PFE) – The efficiency of the filter material in capturing aerosolized particles smaller than one micron, expressed as the percentage of a known number of particles that does not pass the face mask material at a given flow rate
• Differential Pressure / Breathability – Air permeability of the mask, measured by determining the difference of pressure across the mask under specific conditions of air flow, temperature and humidity
• Flammability – Those characteristics of a material that pertain to its relative ease of ignition and relative ability to sustain combustion
• Microbial Cleanliness / Bioburden – Freedom from population of viable microorganism on a product and/or a package
TÜV SÜD PSB offers complete tests on surgical face mask, general use face mask and reusable face mask. All testing will be conducted in Singapore laboratory. We can also support relevant tests on face masks:
TÜV SÜD PSB laboratories are accredited to the requirements of ISO 17025 by the Singapore Laboratory Accreditation Scheme (SAC-SINGLAS).
Select Your Location
Bosnia and Herzegovina