- The National Commission for the Efficient use of Energy (CONUEE)
- CONUEE approved the catalogue of equipment and devices in relation to which manufacturers, importers, distributors and retailers must provide energy consumption information in 2017. The information included must be in a clear and concise manner and must consist of:
- Unit of energy consumption for operating time;
- Type of energy or energy used in units of measurement unless, due to the nature of the product, the type of energy is clearly identifiable;
- Quantity of the good, product or service of the equipment per unit of energy consumed where applicable.
MAXIMUM LIMITS OF ELECTRICAL POWER
- After 20 September 2014, all devices covered by the NOM- 032-ENER-2013 will start to be certified in accordance with the NOM.
- Products are rated based on the percentage of energy savings relative to the energy consumption, or maximum limits of electrical power according to NOM standards.
Applicable product categories
Energy consumption information must be provided for these equipment and appliances:
- Industrial water pump
- Commercial / domestic coffee machine
- Industrial water center, etc.
Product categories that require mandatory maximum limits of electrical power:
- Audio playback equipment
- Image reproduction equipment, including printers, scanners, fax machines, copiers and multifunctionals
- Microwave ovens Digital TV adapters
- Television set-top boxes
- Video or home theater equipment in DVD or Blu-ray formats
To determine if a particular product is subject to the above regulations, please contact us.
Our services at a glance
TÜV SÜD has the experience and capability to support manufacturers in attaining compliance according to the Mexican NOM requirements and obtaining the necessary approval. TÜV SÜD can also support manufacturers in obtaining voluntary endorsement labels.