Management system certification / Voluntary assessment
Basis of certification:
TÜV SÜD PSB Pte. Ltd.
ISO - International Organization for Standardization
No certification mark
WHAT DOES THE ISO 55001 STANDARD DEFINE?
- ISO 55001 is a globally recognised asset management system standard, released by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) in 2014. The standard provides a structured framework for effective asset control, including continual improvement and ongoing value creation.
- ISO 55001 Asset Management System applies to all physical, financial, human as well as intangible assets irrespective of their size. ISO 55001 aims to optimise the availability and profitability of your assets throughout their lifecycle. It manages the risks and costs of owning assets, for continual improvement and ongoing value creation.
- ISO 55001 Asset Management System also covers the design, construction, commissioning, operations, maintenance and decommissioning / replacement of plant, equipment, facilities, as well as fixed assets and digital / IT assets.
What do “Certification” or the issue of a certification mark according to ISO 55001 by TÜV SÜD PSB Pte. Ltd. mean?
- The customer has submitted to voluntary certification audit, according to defined criteria (ISO 55001 standard).
- A certificate and the authorisation to use a certification mark are only issued when all of the non-conformities from the certification audit are addressed and the Asset Management System of the organization meets all the requirements of the standard.
- The validity of the certificates and/or certification marks is three years and maintained through the annual surveillance every 12 months and the complete review of the management system after three years.
HOW IS THE ASSESSMENT/AUDIT PERFORMED?
Independent and qualified experts (auditors) apply the following auditing techniques:
The process is the same applied for the certification of the other management systems.
- Document review:
Before the audit (voluntary)
- On-site audit:
Certification Audit Stage 1 and stage 2
Surveillance audits every 12 months (2 SA audits in the certification cycle)
Recertification Audit after three years
WHAT IS BEYOND THE SCOPE OF CERTIFICATION ACCORDING TO THE ISO 55001 STANDARD?
- Applies to all management-system certifications: This certification does not constitute product certification. Certification thus does not provide any direct statements on the quality of a product or service of the certified customer.
- Certification according to ISO 55001 does not mean that the company manufactures products or provides services of higher quality.
- Certification according to ISO 55001 does not guarantee that an organisation is equipped to mitigate the associated risks and costs of asset ownership from disruptions- in each individual case, even though this is one of the key objectives of the management system.
- A certification to ISO 55001 does not confirm that the technical and organizational measures taken by the company for managing all physical, financial, human as well as intangible assets irrespective of their size are functioning without errors during the design, construction, commissioning, operations, maintenance and decommissioning / replacement of plant, equipment, facilities, as well as fixed assets and digital / IT assets.