HOW CAN SUSTAINABILITY REQUIREMENTS BE ASSESSED?
In many value chains, sustainability or sustainable management is an indispensable prerequisite and at the same time an entry ticket to global markets. This is particularly true in value chains for products and services with increased energy and resource consumption.
In addition, more and more sustainability risks are emerging that jeopardize a company's own economic success. However, these risks can be identified in advance and appropriate countermeasures can be taken.
The challenge for companies is to measure and quantify sustainability in all its facets (social, economic and ecological aspects). This is because sufficient capacity and expertise must be available for this purpose. TÜV SÜD is happy to support you as a competent partner with comprehensive know-how in the field of sustainability.
GLOBALLY RECOGNIZED SUSTAINABILITY ASSESSMENT: TÜV SÜD EVALUATES YOUR SUSTAINABILITY.
TÜV SÜD has defined specific criteria and indicators for assessing and quantifying corporate sustainability on the basis of the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs). Each goal is defined (17 SDGs; 126 subgoals; 1533 indicators), making sustainability measurable. Your advantage: The SDGs are recognized worldwide and offer maximum transparency, traceability and completeness.
At TÜV SÜD your receive:
- Factual data collection
- Professional data management
- Structured processes
- Sophisticated methodology with self-developed SDG assessment tool
How does the sustainability assessment work?
- Weighting: The SDGs are weighted depending on the industry, region, and business model of the customer under consideration (definition of system boundaries).
- Subgoals / Indicators / Evidence: Evidence information (documents, facts, etc.) is assigned to the indicators.
- Assessment: Based on the information, the fulfillment of the indicators, the sub-goals and finally the SDGs can be calculated (bottom-up approach).
- You receive a result based on a systematic investigation and assessment of your corporate sustainability with industry-specific questionnaires and predefined evidence documents.
- You will receive an overall sustainability result as well as individual results for each SDG.
- After completion of the assessment, you will receive a sustainability report that shows not only the results but also potential for improvement.
Sustainability Assessment - Your benefits at a glance
- Holistic view of your corporate sustainability.
- Basis for compliance with requirements e.g. EU taxonomy, sustainability reporting, carbon footprint, supply chain due diligence act.
- Strengths and weaknesses of your company at a glance - detailed for each facet of sustainability.
- Strong marketing and sales message.
- Entry ticket to many global value chains.
- Management tool for a targeted increase in corporate sustainability.