Management System Certification / Voluntary Certification with Accredia accreditation
Basis of certification:
TÜV Italia S.r.l.
ISO - International Organization for Standardization
WHAT DOES THE ISO 39001 STANDARD DEFINE?
- ISO 39001 is a globally recognised management system standard for road traffic safety (RTS), released by the International Organization for Standardization (ISO) in 2012. The standard provides a tool to help organizations reduce, and ultimately eliminate, the incidence and risk of death and serious injury related to road traffic crashes. This focus can result in a more cost-effective use of the road traffic system.
- ISO 39001 Road Traffic Safety Management System is applicable to public and private organizations that interact with the road traffic system. It can be used by internal and external parties, including certification bodies, to assess the organization’s ability to meet the requirements. Experience all over the world has shown that large reductions in death and serious injury can be achieved through the adoption of a holistic Safe System approach to road traffic safety. This involves a clear and unequivocal focus on RTS results and evidence-based actions, supported by appropriate organizational management capacity.
- ISO 39001 identifies elements of good RTS management practice that will enable the organizations to achieve its desired safety results.
WHAT DOes “CERTIFICATION” OR THE ISSUE OF A CERTIFICATION MARK ACCORDING TO ISO 39001 BY TÜV ITALIA S.R.L. MEAN?
- The customer has submitted to voluntary certification audit, according to defined criteria (ISO 39001 standard).
- A certificate and the authorisation to use a certification mark are only issued when all of the non-conformities from the certification audit are addressed and the RTS Management System of the organization meets all the requirements of the standard.
- The validity of the certificates and/or certification marks is three years and maintained through the annual surveillance every 12 months and the complete review of the management system after three years.
HOW IS THE ASSESSMENT / AUDIT PERFORMED?
Independent and qualified experts (auditors) apply the following auditing techniques:
The process is the same applied for the certification of the other management systems.
- Document review:
Before the audit (voluntary)
- On-site audit:
Certification Audit Stage 1 and stage 2
Surveillance audits every 12 months (2 SA audits in the certification cycle)
Recertification Audit after three years
WHAT IS BEYOND THE SCOPE OF CERTIFICATION ACCORDING TO THE ISO 39001 STANDARD?
- Applies to all management-system certifications: This certification does not constitute product certification. Certification thus does not provide any direct statements on the quality of a product or service of the certified customer.
- Certification according to ISO 39001 does not mean that the company manufactures products or provides services of higher quality.
- Certification according to ISO 39001 does not guarantee that an organisation is equipped to mitigate the associated risks and costs of interacting with the road traffic system in each individual case, even though this is one of the key objectives of the management system.
- Certification according to ISO 39001 does not guarantee that there will not be any injury, disability, and death due to road accidents or any unfortunate traffic incidence due the organisation and/ or any or all of their certified locations, facilities or the organisation’s products and/or services interacting with the road traffic system in each individual case, even though this is one of the key objectives of the management system.
- Certification according to ISO 39001 does not guarantee that an organisation complies with requirements specified in laws and/or rules and regulations related to road traffic and/ or driving laws in each individual case, even though this is one of the key objectives of the management system.
- A certification to ISO 39001 does not confirm that the technical and organizational measures taken by the company for managing its physical and/or digital presence on the road are functioning without errors during the planning and execution of traffic regulation, crash prevention, trips, people’s and goods’ transportation, roads construction and maintenance, and other professional activities performed on the road and traffic system.