It takes more than innovative thinking to deliver on the promise of e-Mobility. New infrastructure for charging electric vehicles conveniently and safely is essential. This is a major factor in consumer acceptance. Modern energy grids can provide the electricity. The key is making this supply safe, convenient and compatible.
How can we help you?
Working side by side with companies and local authorities worldwide, TÜV SÜD is laying the foundation for battery-charging infrastructure. We have decades of experience in testing and certifying conventional filling stations. Now we are using this experience to help establish global electric vehicle industry safety standards.
Our services at a glance:
- Knowledge services
- Site selection advisory for charging station operators: Site Selection and Assessment - We support with your site selection process for electrical charging stations, be it AC, DC or inductive charging. We investigate the local grid conditions and issue grid compatibility documents for public authorities, subsequent to performing grid simulations (for larger installations i.e. 10 spots in line).
- International compliance advisory for manufacturers of electrical charging units
- Advisory on vehicle and charging station interoperability
- Advisory for government authorities and grid operators on feedback effects of battery charging units on the local power grid
- Testing and certification
- Testing of the charging station and components:
- Electrical safety testing
- Electromagnetic compatibility testing
- Environmental testing
- Compliance certification of the charging station and components to national and international standards (e.g. CE Mark or UL Mark)
- Periodic inspection of the charging station
Why choose TÜV SÜD
Our experts provide the full range of services for electric vehicle charging infrastructure and systems. From site assessment and selection to the initial testing and certification of charging units, as well as on-site commissioning inspection after installation.
Partner with TÜV SÜD for:
- Independent proof of compliance with statutory requirements.
- Compatibility with local electricity supply.
- Compliance with operator‘s obligations and regulatory requirements.
- Minimised risk of liability claims.