Electrostatic Discharge (ESD) Implementation
By the end of this training, participants will be able to:
- Understand the science behind electrostatic charge and the three models of discharge.
- Understand the fundamental control principles for ESD
- Understand, categorize, and measure the properties of common ESD-related materials such as insulators, conductors, and dissipators.
- Understand the technical requirements for an ANSI/ESD S20.20 ESD control program including: Equipment and Personnel Grounding, ESD Protected Areas, ESD Control Items, Packaging and Marking requirement
Anyone who works with electronic components in a manufacturing, testing, or lab environment and who needs to understand the requirements for setting up an ESD control plan.
- Understanding Electrostatic Charge (ESC)
- Understanding Electrostatic Discharge (ESD)
- Fundamental ESD Control Principles
- Material Properties & Measurements
- ESD Control Program (ANSI/ESD S20.20) Technical Requirements
- Grounding/Equipotential Bonding Systems
- Personnel Grounding
- ESD Protected Areas (EPAs)
- EPA ESD Control Items
- Packaging Requirements
ESD Implementation will equip the learner with practical knowledge of the electrostatic discharge mechanism, common mitigation controls, and how to set up an ESD control plan.
This course is offered as an instructor-led, one-day, online course with lectures, practice activities, and an exam.
This course will cover the fundamentals of how electrostatic charges get built up and discharges through various lab and manufacturing materials. You will also learn the technical components of an ANSI/ESD S20.20 control program to help set up or maintain a program in your location.
Practical understanding of ESD causes, control and mitigation methods, and knowledge of setting up a control plan.
Instructor-led training in a virtual classroom. This means the course is Live Online. Participants will learn through online teaching. Lectures, case studies, group exercises, discussions, problem solving, examples with explanation, assignments and/or quizzes happen in the virtual classroom training. Participants need to connect to the class from any internet accessible location. Each module is delivered live using webinar technology, creating a virtual classroom learning environment. Live sessions provide you with direct access to the trainer so you can ask questions, understand complex concepts and share ideas with peers. Webcam and microphone are REQUIRED to interact with the instructor and/or other participants.
The course content and structure are designed by the domain experts from TÜV SÜD.
With immense experience and knowledge in the relevant standards, our team of product specialists and technical experts at TÜV SÜD, developed the course content based on current business landscape and market requirements.
Learning will consist of a one-day, online, instructor-led class, which includes lectures and practice work. An exam will follow to help ensure competence in the material.
Introduction to ESD or equivalent knowledge.