Choose another country to see content specific to your location

//Select Country

Change to the EAC Declaration of Conformity Procedure in 2021

Answering questions about obtaining the EAC Mark

The Eurasian Economic Union (EAEU), which includes Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Armenia, and Kyrgyzstan, has a unified certification mark called the Eurasian Conformity (EAC) Certification Mark. Companies can obtain the EAC Mark with a Declaration of Conformity or with a Certificate of Conformity. The requirements for the Declaration of Conformity and the Certificate of Conformity differ, and product category usually determines which scheme a company must follow.

Theresa Glenna, Senior Project Manager, Global Market Access, discusses how the change to the EAC Declaration of Conformity Procedure, as of January 1, 2021, impacts companies.

How can companies benefit from the EAC Mark?
The EAC Mark allows companies to gain market access in Russia, Belarus, Kazakhstan, Armenia, and Kyrgyzstan, demonstrate compliance to the EAEU’s safety and health legislation, and avoid fines.

How did the EAC Declaration of Conformity (DoC) Procedure change as of January 1, 2021?
Previously, certification bodies were able to apply for the DoC or register the DoC on behalf of a client. Now, the client’s legal representative in one of the EAEU countries must complete the declaration. So, the change is that the responsibility shifted to the local representative.

(The procedure for obtaining the Certificate of Conformity remains the same.)

How do companies know if this change affects the products that they sell?
The EAC Mark applies to companies that sell consumer products and/or industrial equipment in the EAEU. Please reach out to our Global Market Access team to determine if this change affects your products.

How does this change affect companies that already obtained an EAC Certification Mark?
Companies that have an EAC Mark will not be impacted by this change. Their existing certificates will continue to be valid until their expiration dates.

Does TÜV SÜD offer a local representative service?
We offer a local representative service through our partners. Our local representatives are very familiar with the requirements of the EAC Declaration of Conformity Procedure, and they will ensure that everything is done properly.

TÜV SÜD has the electronic key signature in place, so we are ready to serve companies that want to use our local representative service without delays.

What happens if a company uses its own legal entity?
If a company uses its own legal entity in one of the EAEU countries, then the company’s legal representative must apply for an electronic key signature and register for the Declaration of Conformity on the Federal Service for Accreditation website. A company assumes all risk related to a product, so someone who is knowledgeable about the technical regulations and the registration process in the region should complete the application.

Can TÜV SÜD help clients who use their own legal entity?
Once a company obtains a digital key signature with its own legal entity, TÜV SÜD can help clients with the full global market access package, including electrical safety testing and EMC testing.

How long does it take to obtain the electronic key signature?
It can take several weeks to obtain the electronic key signature, so companies must plan well in advance. 

Reach Out Us with Any Additional Questions

Next Steps

Select Your Location





Middle East and Africa