Fundamentals of Battery Technologies
Participants in this training will:
- Understand how batteries are constructed.
- Explain the dangers of battery-powered vehicles.
- Understand which measures to take in the event of accidents and how to handle hazards.
This e-learning course is aimed specifically at employees of service workshops, automobile manufacturers, suppliers and research institutes who are to work on batteries or battery-powered vehicles and/or systems in the future or who could come into contact with them.
The module contains the following topics:
- Construction of batteries
- Legal regulations
- Dangers of battery-powered vehicles
- Risk limits and protective measures
- Behavior in the event of an electrical accident
- Recycling, storage and transport of batteries
Battery-powered electric vehicles are not uncommon these days, so more and more people are coming into contact with them. Since those batteries can be dangerous to humans due to their high voltages, care should be taken when handling electric vehicles.
In this training, you will learn what you should watch out for when handling battery-powered vehicles, what dangers they pose and what you need to consider when recycling, storing, and transporting batteries.
You will leave this e-learning course with the following key benefits:
- How are batteries constructed?
- What legal regulations are there?
- What are the dangers of battery-powered vehicles?
- What are the hazard limits and protective measures?
- How do I behave in the event of an electrical accident?
- What should be considered when recycling, storing and transporting batteries?
The course employs a variety of training tools such as content-embedded assessment, animations, and other interactive exercises to enhance instructional delivery. Easily accessible via your preferred choice of device, the course allows you to log in and learn whenever, wherever.
Supported browsers include:
- Internet Explorer
Additional requirements include:
- A high speed internet connection will provide best results.
- An email address is required to register for courses.
- Microsoft Media Player or equivalent is needed to play audio and video files.
- Flash Player is used for content and interactive learning. If necessary download and install Flash Player to ensure proper operation of course content.
What is included with the course?
Each course will include access to e-learning content, quizzes, and proof of completion. Additional resources may also be included and this will vary by course.
Can I pause the course and log in to it anytime?
Certainly. The course allows the learner to take a break and return to it within the defined access period (typically 365 days).
Are there any quizzes in the middle of the course?
Our e-learning courses are designed to promote interaction between learner and content and often include quizzes. Quizzes are designed to help understand where successful learning has been achieved, and where opportunities for additional review exist.
Can I get a refund if I cancel my enrollment?
Refunds cannot be provided once a course is activated. Please be sure to review course information prior to activation.
What happens if I don’t finish the course within the access period?
The standard access period is 365 days to allow sufficient time to complete your course.
If you have questions, or require assistance, you may reach us at [email protected]
To learn more about TÜV SÜD, please click here.
If you are unable to purchase online please contact our team today at [email protected] or (978) 573-1997.