Ransomware attacks every 14 seconds, including denial-of-service (DoS) and distributed denial-of service (DDoS) attacks, man-in-the-middle (MitM) attack, phishing and spear phishing attacks, password attack, SQL injection attack, and cross-site scripting (XSS) attacks.
Penetration testing, a simulated real-world hacker attack against a business’s IT infrastructure or application, provides an excellent view of the current security status of an organization. The result of the penetration test (pentest) helps business owners gain a better understanding of their levels of exposure, identify weaknesses in their IT systems and provide details for rectifying vulnerabilities. In conducting network penetration tests, you make yourself much less vulnerable to malicious hacker attacks which could cripple your business and cause costly downtime.
our penetration testing services
Our experts in IT security and data protection, carry out penetration testing to the very highest standards. Our teams of cybersecurity experts are at the forefront of the latest cybersecurity breaches and hacking techniques and can therefore help you keep your systems future-proof.
Our pentest expertise covers all business IT systems from all major technology providers. A combination of automated and manual tests put the IT systems through various simulated scenarios that potential hackers may exploit to gain access to your information.
We work with you to conduct comprehensive, real-world penetration tests. On completion of the simulated cybersecurity breach, you receive:
- Detailed report including risk assessment – Our experienced cyber security experts will provide detailed documentation of the outcome of the pen testing and assess the risks of identified vulnerabilities.
- Suggestions for network security improvements – By performing penetration testing, TÜV SÜD's experts not only expose security gaps, but they also advise companies on how to close them.
- Verification of the effectiveness of implemented actions/improvements – Companies have the opportunity to verify the success and effectiveness of their corrective actions in a follow-up pentest.
- In-depth assessment – We can tailor a unique program to suit your organization’s needs. We can provide penetration tests on a regular basis spanning different areas with differing requirements to ensure the overall security of your business.
- Related certifications – The improved IT infrastructure, as a result of the penetration test, can work in conjunction with other cyber security industry standards. TÜV SÜD is a one-stop provider for your other certification needs and services including ISO 27000 and Payment Card Industry compliance.
Penetration test evaluation Criteria
- Validation - Automated tools are used. It starts with a vulnerability assessment and then manual reviews for every finding to eliminate "false positives".
- Simulate an attack - Primarily involves manual testing techniques that is supported by automation and attempts to exploit existing vulnerabilities.
- Network security architecture review - We'll examine the situation of existing network topology and deployment and security controls within the organizations, like firewalls, IDS/IPS, network segmentation and make recommendations to increase the effectiveness of the security controls.
The penetration test scope covers all levels of IT systems and access points:
- Web applications - This involves thorough scrutiny of web applications to find out vulnerabilities and exploit them when accessed from multiple devices and locations. Testing is conducted to rate your security and a remedial plan is extended to mitigate the risks. The test is carried out in accordance with various guidelines such as OWASP, SANS 25, PCI DSS.
- Network testing - Unauthorized network and data access are the key risks that are evaluated under network testing. Vulnerability Assessment and Penetration Testing (VAPT) and configuration review will be performed for routers, switches, firewalls, and wireless access points. Based on the findings, remedial measures will be recommended.
- IT systems - This includes testing the external and internal systems such as servers, endpoints, databases, security systems and IOT devices that can be accessed from within and outside the organization and propose measures to deal with risks. The test is carried out in accordance with OSSTMM.
- Mobile applications - We follow OWASP guidelines for testing mobile apps for all platforms including Android, iOS and Windows systems. Our tests detect vulnerabilities in mobile applications that can be easily exploited, leading to manipulation of systems and access to personal information stored on these devices