functional safety, webinar, Motor drives, IEC 61508, IEC 61800, second edition
The standard IEC 61800-5-2 regulates the functional safety requirements specifically for motor drives - both from a user's and a manufacturer's perspective. But what exactly do they mean?
Our in-house expert, Dr. Thomas Maier, has shared his insights on functional safety in general and specifically for motor drives with regard to IEC 61800-5-2.
On the one hand, the user's perspective addresses the advantages and challenges of the integration of functional-safety capable motor drives into machines and plants. Application examples to explain the business case are provided and the support for regulatory compliance, especially in USA and EU, is presented.
On the other hand, the manufacturer's perspective addresses how IEC 61800-5-2 helps the implementation of safety-related functionality in motor drives, including achievement and certification of regulatory compliance. Important changes from the first edition of 2007 to the second edition of 2016 are highlighted.
Presentation 45 min, Q&A 15 min
Dr. Thomas Maier
Business Development Manager at TÜV SÜD
- 6 years at UL, principal engineer for functional safety
- 8 years with Danfoss Drives, functional safety in motion control
- 3 years at LM Ericsson A/S: software processes and tools, CMMi, UML and SDL
- 3 years at Daimler-Benz: system safety and functional safety of drive-by-wire systems and in avionics
- 4 years at the Joint Research Centre of the European Commission: system & software safety in fusion technology
- International standardization (ISO 26262, ISO 13849 & IEC 62061, IEC 61800-5-2, IEC 61508 maintenance, UL 1998)
- Dr.-Ing. from University of Stuttgart
Select Your Location
Bosnia and Herzegovina