tüv süd in switzerland
In Switzerland, TÜV SÜD is represented in Zurich, Winterthur and Basel with the following expertise:
- TÜV SÜD Schweiz Management Services
- TÜV SÜD Schweiz Process Safety
- TÜV SÜD Schweiz Plant Safety / Steam and Pressure Technology
- TÜV SÜD Schweiz Rail
Would you like to read the news from our experts in Switzerland?
Have a look at our resource center:
Resource Center TÜV SÜD Schweiz
As a partner for security, trust and compliance, we support our customers in using opportunities, assessing risks, and increasing their process performance. Our skills include the auditing, assessment, validation and certification of management systems, as well as the provision of customer-specific services and solutions. Global certification requirements are constantly increasing and no one should be alone in the chaos of requirements, regulations and standards. We are pleased to be able to provide those services, which our group offers worldwide, locally in Switzerland in the recognized TÜV SÜD quality.
With the help of management systems, large and small companies can improve their business operations, reduce risks and gain competitive advantage. Management systems such as ISO 9001 and ISO 45001 serve companies as a legal framework for evaluating their own company processes.
When auditing and certifying management systems, independent experts evaluate your processes and check for opportunities of improvement. A certificate confirms the compliance of your processes with the applicable standards and regulations.
WHY IS THE CERTIFICATION OF MANAGEMENT SYSTEMS SO IMPORTANT?
Companies from different industries, such as for example aerospace, automotive, IT, energy, food, benefit from working with an independent certification body. An assessment of business operations by an independent auditor such as TÜV SÜD offers several advantages:
- Conducting a comprehensive, independent audit of your business processes, facilities and supply chain members to identify areas of improvement
- Optimization of processes and expansion of profit margins
- Obtaining an internationally recognized certification
- Demonstrating your commitment to quality, safety and health protection for consumers and regulators alike
OUR MANAGEMENT SERVICES IN SWITZERLAND
- ISO 9001
- ISO 9100
- ISO 14001
- ISO 45001
- IATF 16949
- ISO/IEC 27001
- ISO 50001
- Audit Services
your contact in switzerland
COMPETENCE CENTER in basel
For over more than 15 years, our company (formerly SWISSI) has been providing high-quality services in the areas of risk analysis, thermal process safety, explosion protection, electrostatics and chemical safety for industrial companies - mainly from the pharmaceutical, chemical, agro, metal / wood processing sectors as well as building material manufacturers - but also for logistics companies, property insurers (P&C) and authorities.
The goal-oriented security concepts that are developed by our experts for you are cost-benefit-optimized and reflect the latest state-of-the-art technology. They take legal requirements into account as well as the operational and economic circumstances of your respective company.
Our experts, and their several years of experience in various functions in the industry or as external consultants, can provide you with the best services and solutions. We would like to share their extensive knowledge with you.
We work intensively with various research institutions and professional associations and maintain an exchange of experiences with numerous international security organizations.
Our ISO 17025 accredited testing laboratory in Basel has been a renowned laboratory for decades and determines key data from various areas, such as
- Chemical safety (REACH, transport classification)
- Fire behavior of building materials
- Thermal process safety
- Explosion protection
our advisory services in process safety
Our consulting activities focus on the following areas:
- Assessment of explosion hazards when processing and handling flammable gases, vapors, liquids and dusts
- Assessment of ignition hazards due to electrostatic charge when handling and processing flammable or explosive substances; Elaboration of protective measures and concepts
- Explosion protection and ATEX conformity (implementation according to Suva 2153 in companies with a risk of explosion)
- Assessment of the thermal stability of products and substances during their processing, storage and transport
- Elaboration of Ex zone plans
- Development of explosion protection concepts for the processing of flammable gases, vapors, liquids and dusts
- Model calculations of various kinds (gas and smoke spread, thermal radiation)
- Control of fire and explosion protection through periodic audits
- Storage concepts, in particular for chemicals or dangerous substances and goods
- Chemical processes: Assessment of chemical reactions and processes with regard to safe process management:
- Calculation and estimation of thermokinetic reaction data and physico-chemical material data
- Elaboration of measures (processes, procedures etc.) to control the reactions and avoid thermal decomposition (runaway reactions)
- Elaboration of measures to limit damage (e.g. pressure relief)
- Risk analyzes: moderate, prepare and follow up risk analyzes of chemical processes
- Design of pressure relief devices
- Clarification of events
- Modeling of accidents (scenarios and impact considerations with regard to causes or physical effects: e.g. thermal radiation, pressure wave, spread of a toxic / flammable cloud)
- Risk analysis: HAZOP, fault tree analysis, event tree analysis
- Classification of materials
- Creation or review of a fire protection concept
- Fire simulation (fire modeling)
- Creation of an evacuation concept
- Simulation-based evacuation analysis and optimization
- Assistance in planning the fire protection control
EXCELLENT PROCESS SAFETY SERVICE PORTFOLIO
- Quick scan - to improve process safety in your company
- Detailed evaluation of process security in relation to certain areas (system improvement)
- Support in the implementation of the sustainable realization of the business case - added value and risk management are the key words here
- Asset Integrity and Management Programs
SERVICES FOR PRODUCTION PLANTS
- Machine 2006/42/EG and ATEX 1999/92/EG (explosion protection documentation)
- Safety checks of systems and machines (in operation or shutdown)
- Non-regulatory conformity assessments for the CE marking
We also offer training courses in three languages in Switzerland - contact us at [email protected]
YOUR CONTACT IN SWITZERLAND
Dr. Sven Wagner
SERVICES AS A NOTIFIED BODY 0036 FOR CHEMISTRY, PHARMACEUTICAL, ENERGY GENERATION AND PROCESS INDUSTRY
As a notified body CE0036, the plant safety division of TÜV SÜD provides all services in connection with the manufacture of pressure equipment and assemblies within the scope of the European Pressure Equipment Directive 2014/68/EU and the Swiss Pressure Equipment Regulation SR 930.114. Due to our proximity to the Process Safety department of TÜV SÜD Process Safety in Basel, our service focus is on the conformity assessment of parts or of complete production systems (assemblies) in the chemical, pharmaceutical, cold and heat generation, in the energy sector, in the food industry and the process industry in general.
We process assemblies (system parts) that are newly planned and built, but also existing assemblies that are or have been significantly changed, such as an increase in performance (e.g. pressure or temperature), a change in the safety concept or an expansion of the system.
The many years of experience of our specialists in the activities of a notified body for pressure equipment guarantees our customers a reliable, technically flawless and fast implementation throughout the entire conformity assessment process.
- Pressure vessels - interdisciplinary know-how in all phases of your projects
- Steam boilers - manufacture of steam boilers and steam boiler components
- Hoses - production of pipelines for liquids
- Pipelines - Intelligent and non-destructive testing and inspection
- Transportable Pressure Equipment (TPED) - Directive 2010/35/EU on transportable pressure equipment
- UN pressure vessels - testing and inspection body for UN pressure vessels
- New Pressure Equipment Directive 2014/68/EU certification
- Life cycle services for production plants
- Machine 2006/42/EG, ATEX 2014/34/EU (certification explosion protection)
- Safety reviews of process engineering systems and machines
- General CE conformity procedures for process engineering assemblies
YOUR CONTACT IN SWITZERLAND
TÜV SÜD Schweiz Rail supports manufacturers, operators and authorities in the rail sector with a wide range of testing, inspection, certification and training services. TÜV SÜD Schweiz Rail stands for highly specialized rail system services, in particular from control and safety technology to rail energy supply systems, telecommunications systems and vehicle technology. In addition, TÜV SÜD Rail has international accreditations and approvals as a testing and certification body as well as a notified body (NoBo), a national authorized body (DeBo) and independent assessor (AsBo). Since July 2021, TÜV SÜD Schweiz is managing its own testing facility in Winterthur.
- Vehicle technology engineering for electrical vehicle systems and components
- TIC (testing, inspection and certification) services for the rail industry at our own testing facility in Winterthur:
- Aerodynamics, Machine Dynamics, Electrical Systems and Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC), Vehicle Acoustics
- Railway technology Engineering tasks for energy supply and signaling including ERTMS
- Energy-optimized design of energy supply systems
- EMC testing
- RAMS engineering including safety proof
- SIOP-A and SIOP-B support
- Issuing of requirement and specification sheets
- Inspection, reporting and certification
- Specification and requirement sheets
- Support for tendering and procurement processes
- Analysis of railway safety technology
- Analysis for rolling stock and infrastructure
YOUR CONTACT IN SWITZERLAND