WHAT IS THE GENDER PAY GAP?
From 6 April 2017, companies with more than 250 employees were required by law each year to publish their gender pay information, covering pay and bonuses, showing the overall difference between the earnings of men and women. Gender pay differs from equal pay as it is concerned with the differences in pay between men and women irrespective of their role; whereas, equal pay deals with the pay differences between men and women who carry out the same or similar jobs.
The TÜV SÜD Group does not tolerate discrimination and is committed to fairness, respect, inclusion and equal opportunity and it recognises the importance of diversity and inclusion to its success. The following report provides information on the gender pay gap for TUV SUD Limited, provides an understanding of the gap and, what we are doing to address it.
WHAT IS OUR GENDER PAY GAP?
The table below shows our headline median and mean gender pay and bonus pay gap based on hourly rates of pay at the snapshot date of 5 April 2023, and bonuses paid in the year ending 5 April 2023.
WHY DO WE HAVE A GENDER PAY GAP?
- Like many other companies within the engineering, science, and technical service sectors, we have more males in senior positions than females. Women make up 27.5% of our workforce (compared to 23% in 2017), and we continue to note a positive trend in the number of females in the upper pay quartile (from 8.2% in 2017, to 18.8% in 2023).
- We were encouraged that the mean gender pay gap continues to reduce, from 29.3% in 2017 to 18.5% in 2023.
- The mean gender bonus gap has reduced from 54.4% in 2017 to 4.3% in 2023 and the proportion of females receiving a bonus payment has increased from 10.4% to 58.2% over the same period.
TUV SUD Limited is committed to further reducing its gender pay gap and is progressing several actions:
- Involving our employees in identifying ways in which we can further improve diversity, equality and inclusion across our UK operations.
- Engaging with TÜV SÜD Global initiatives to support our global strategic aim of fostering a culture of diversity and inclusion.
- Providing recruitment, equality and diversity and unconscious bias training.
- Engaging with educational institutions to promote careers in our core disciplines.
- Promoting opportunities for flexible working to potential and current employees.
- Providing awareness, training and other support for employees impacted by perimenopause and menopause.
- Providing enhanced family friendly policies.
I confirm that the gender pay gap calculations for TUV SUD Limited are accurate and meet the requirements of the Equality Act 2010 (Gender Pay Gap Information) Regulations 2017.
CEO, UK & Ireland