ISO 14064 Series Carbon Footprint Lead Implementer
In this course, students will learn how to calculate their carbon footprint, create a carbon management strategy, deal with carbon offsets, and create the necessary supporting paperwork, all of which are fundamental criteria outlined in GHG Protocol/ISO 14064 standards. Additionally, the workshop will guide participants through the verification procedure and help them get ready for upcoming verifications.
- Senior Management and Board of Directors
- Middle management team responsible for sustainability/ESG
- Environment managers
- Individuals/Professionals/Consultants who want to enhance their knowledge more about Carbon Footprint Management
- College and university students enrolled in sustainability or environmental programs
The following topics will be covered in the course:
• Climate change impacts and relevance of Carbon Footprint management
• Understanding International Standards/Frameworks on Carbon Footprint Management (ISO 14064 series and GHG Protocol)
• Establishing GHG emission boundaries
• Calculating an organization's GHG emissions and reductions
• Identifying corporate actions or activities with a view to enhancing GHG management.
• Providing Industry best practices, guidelines and requirements for GHG inventory quality control, reporting, internal auditing, and organizational roles and responsibilities related to verification activities.
• Case studies and Exercises
One of the biggest problems that nations, governments, companies, and people will have to deal with in the coming decades is climate change. Climate change has ramifications for both human and environmental systems and might lead to considerable changes in resource consumption, production and economic activity. To reduce greenhouse gas (GHG) concentrations in the Earth's atmosphere, regional, national, local, and international initiatives are being developed and put into action. Such GHG initiatives rely on the quantification, monitoring, reporting and verification of GHG emissions and/or removals. This three-day course covers the guidelines and specifications for creating, developing, managing, and disclosing organization- or business-level GHG inventories. The course will cover International GHG Inventory standards like ISO 14064 and GHG protocol.
- World-class training – by learning from TÜV SÜD’s industry experts and training specialists
- Interactive learning style – with interactive formats such as lectures, illustrations and simulations are used
- Networking opportunity – where you can meet and build network with like-minded individuals at our instructor-led training
- Gain a competitive edge – by getting trained by experts known in the fields of safety, security and sustainability
Instructor-led training in a virtual classroom. This means the course is Live Online. Participants will learn through online teaching. Lectures, case studies, group exercises, discussions, problem solving, examples with explanation, assignments and/or quizzes happen in the virtual classroom training. Participants need to connect to the class from any internet accessible location. Each module is delivered live using webinar technology, creating a virtual classroom learning environment. Live sessions provide you with direct access to the trainer so you can ask questions, understand complex concepts and share ideas with peers. Webcam and microphone are REQUIRED to interact with the instructor and/or other participants.
The course content and structure are designed by the domain experts from TÜV SÜD.
With immense experience and knowledge in the relevant standards, our team of product specialists and technical experts at TÜV SÜD, developed the course content based on current business landscape and market requirements.
Participants who successfully pass the final examination will receive a certificate of completion at the end of the ISO 14064 Series Carbon Footprint Lead Implementer Course.
- No. of questions – 25 (including scenario-based questions, choose the best answer, summary questions)
- Total marks – 100
- Pass marks – 70
- Duration - 60 mins