Management system certification / voluntary audit
Basis for Certification (certification standard):
FAMI-QS CODE OF PRACTICE in the current version (https://www.fami-qs.org/).
No TÜV SÜD certification mark. The certified companies are permitted to use the FAMI-QS test mark in accordance with the specifications of the standard setter.
WHAT DOES THE STANDARD FAMI-QS COVER?
The standard FAMI-QS, the quality and safety system for specialty feed ingredients and their mixtures, defines the requirements for an organisation's quality and safety management system for feed ingredients and mixtures of feed ingredients. These requirements include, but are not limited to:
- The organisation has applied an approriate management system for quality and feed safety, including mechanisms for risk identification, self-assessment, prevention, correction and continuous improvement.
- Application of preventive measures, risk assessment and good hygiene principles (PRPs, GMPs und HACCP).
- Consideration of legal requirements and customer requirements, management responsibility, assuming the responsibility of a company to produce safe products.
The FAMI-QS standard defines
- An effective management system
- Application of HACCP (hazard analysis and critical control points) principles.
- Elements such as traceability, monitoring, programme with basic requirements, chain approach and the early warning systems
What does “certification” according to FAMI-QS by TÜV SÜD Management Service GmbH mean?
- The customer has submitted to voluntary assessment (audit) according to defined criteria (certification standard).
- A certificate is only issued if the assessment (audit) does not reveal any major nonconformities with the requirements of the certification standard.
- The certificates are valid for a restricted period of time. Interested parties can check the validity of individual certificates in the certificate database of TÜV SÜD Management Service GmbH or the FAMI-QS (http://www.fami-qs.org).
- To maintain certificate validity, the certificate holder must annually complete an announced audit with a positive result.
- Unannounced audits are possible in specific cases.
How do we audit?
Independent and qualified experts (auditors) apply the following auditing techniques:
- Document review
The auditors verify that the organisation has documented all elements which need to be documented in writing according to the applicable FAMI-QS standard (e.g. organisation, scope of application, responsibility of top management, quality and safeyt policy, HACCP etc.).
- On-site audit
Review of the implementation of these rrequirements in practice through interviews and inspection at the operating location (s) of the certified company on site. As part of the random check, the management system for feed safety, the consideration of legal requirements, management responsibility, resource management, product realization, the application of PRPs (GMPs) and HACCP, design and development, the procurement process, production and / or trade and transport are assessed, the self-checks and evaluations, the consideration of customer requirements and the crisis management.
WHAT IS BEYOND THE SCOPE OF CERTIFICATION ACCORDING TO FAMI-QS?
- Certification according to FAMI-QS does not constitute product certification. Certification thus does not provide any direct statements on the quality of a product or service of the certified customer.
- Certification according to FAMI-QS does not ensure in each specific case that a product or service complies with customer requirements and product-related legal requirements, even though this is one of the key objectives of the qaulity and feed safety management system.