ISO 13849 & IEC 62061: Functional Safety for Machinery Sector
By the end of the course delegates will have:
- Gained the techniques for Risk Assessment (ISO 12100) including Hazard Identification, Risk Estimation & Evaluation and calculating Hazard Rating Number.
- Gained an awareness of the key parts of the standards (BS EN 62061 and EN ISO 13849-1) including SIL Determination, Performance Levels, Diagnostic Coverage and Common Cause Failures etc, for safety circuit designs.
- Gained an understanding of some of the differences between BS EN 62061 and EN ISO 13849-1 and the concepts which these standards promote.
- Gained an understanding of the requirements of the standards to deal with the avoidance of systematic errors.
- Been made aware of the architectures of Safety Related Controls, and how these architectures relate to practical applications.
- Been made aware of the importance of ensuring that any software is sufficiently free from systematic errors.
- Have an understanding of the importance of verification and validation (ISO 13849-2)
The training targets engineers, testers, project leads and quality representatives primarily involved in the development, production and implementation of programmable electronic safety systems and other appropriate systems and subsystems in the machinery safety area and execute the development based on ISO 13849 and IEC 62061
Day 01: Risk Assessment
- Risk assessment according to international standard ISO 12100 and best practice
- Methodologies for risk assessment based on real examples
- Step by Step procedure for risk assessment completion
- Hazard Identification, Risk Estimation, Risk Evaluation and Hazard Rating Number
- Introduction to risk reduction techniques following risk assessment completion
- Practical workshop for risk assessment with worked examples
- Introduction to Functional Safety
- Hazard & Risk Analysis
- Safety Concept ISO 13849-1
- Safety Concept IEC 62061
- Software - lifecycle, embedded and user software
- Safety System Architectures
- Example for PL evaluation with Sistema
- Evaluation of the safety parameters - PL, category, MTTFd, DC and CCF
- Practical Exercises
- Verification and Validation ISO 13849-2
Day 4: Examination.
The written examination will be of three (3) hrs where the use of only printed training content provided is permissible.
Today’s industry needs cross-disciplinary knowledge to achieve the maximum quality, reliability and safety. Constantly changing functions in mobile and stationary systems require companies to reach high levels of expertise, particularly with regard to safety, in order to master this complexity. Safety regulations insist that persons with responsibilities in these environments must possess adequate specialist knowledge.
ISO 12100: Risk assessment according to international standard 12100
ISO 13849-1: Safety of machinery — Safety-related parts of control systems
IEC 62061: Safety of machinery: Functional safety of electrical, electronic and programmable electronic control systems
Successful completion of the course exam is required as part of the Functional Safety Certification Program in order to be qualified as Functional Safety Engineer and earn a TÜV SÜD Academy certificate.
The aim of this course is to train delegates in the fundamental principles of functional safety and to gain competency in the application of functional safety standards certified by TÜV SÜD.
Instructor-led training in a virtual classroom. This means the course is Live Online. Participants will learn through online teaching. Lectures, case studies, group exercises, discussions, problem solving, examples with explanation, assignments and/or quizzes happen in the virtual classroom training. Participants need to connect to the class from any internet accessible location. Each module is delivered live using webinar technology, creating a virtual classroom learning environment. Live sessions provide you with direct access to the trainer so you can ask questions, understand complex concepts and share ideas with peers. Webcam and microphone are REQUIRED to interact with the instructor and/or other participants.
TÜV SÜD Functional Safety Engineer (FSeng) for the Machinery Sector certificate will be issued to the participant on successful completion of examination.
Pre-qualification for TÜV SÜD Functional Safety Engineer (FSeng) for the Machinery Sector:
This course is specially designed for those involved in the design, development, and production of electrical and electronic-based vehicle products, including the systems, software and hardware engineers, and managers.
- 2 years relevant experience along with formal educational qualification, like diploma or above.
- Participation for the training as per details provided.