Auditor/Lead Auditor Training Course
Environmental Management System ISO 14001:2015
CQI-IRCA Approved Course
Reference Number: 2383
The caliber of an auditor is crucial to the performance of any companies audit team and ultimately to the success of your management system. This comprehensive five day course will ensure that your auditor thoroughly understands the role and acquire the necessary expertise needed to perform the audit effectively. Participants completing the course will be presented with CQI and IRCA approved certificate from TÜV SÜD South Asia which is a renowned in certification.
- Understanding of the Environmental Management System principles and ISO 14000 series of standards.
- Interpret the requirements of ISO 14001 in the context of an audit.
- Identifying the gaps within the existing Environmental Management System vis-à-vis the requirements specified in ISO 14001:2015.
- Enable candidates to train the organization personnel for effective implementation and auditing the EMS.
- Roles and responsibilities of Auditors and Lead Auditors.
- Plan, conduct and report the audit in accordance with ISO 19011
- Ability to do third party audits.
- Learning through case studies and exercises
This course is specially designed for:
- Environment Professionals with experience in implementation and auditing of Environment Management Systems
- Management Representatives and core group members responsible for establishing, implementing, maintaining, auditing and improving Environment
- Management Systems.
- Executives from organizations willing to implement, maintain and improve upon their Environment Management Systems as per ISO 14001:2015
The key objective of this course is to train the participant in fulfilling a key requirement in becoming a registered Auditor / Lead Auditor. The course is structured to provide in-depth understanding of ISO 14001 requirements, knowledge and skills required to assess the Environmental Management System of an organization.
EMS Introduction and Concepts
- Purpose and benefits of Environment Management System including understanding of the basic EMS principles.
- Background of ISO 14000 series of standards. High Level Structure
- Environmental Management System requirements based on ISO 14001
- Sustainability and Pillars for Environment
- Aspect/Impact understanding
- Environmental documentation
- Auditing Objectives
- Types of Audits
- Process Approach
Roles and responsibility of Auditors
- The Lead auditors’ responsibilities
- The Auditees’ responsibilities
- Auditors Qualification and Certifications
Planning an Audit
- Pre-Audit planning
- Reviewing documentation
- Developing an audit plan
- Preparing checklists or working documents
- Communication factors
Conducting an audit
- Opening meeting
- Collecting objective/audit evidence
- Effective interviewing techniques
- Identifying and recording nonconformities
- Preparing for the closing meeting
Reporting audit results
- Conducting the closing meeting
- Preparing the audit report
- Distributing the audit report
- Corrective Action responsibilities
- Follow-up Scheduling
- Monitoring Corrective Action
ISO 14001 Registration
- The registration process
- Surveillance audits
Exercises/Roleplay (50% of Course time)
Note: Candidates should attend training on all 5 days to get the certificate.
Participants will be assessed throughout the course
- Continuous Evaluation: Punctuality, presentation skills, interactive approach, involvement, role-play, daily tests etc.
- Written examination: (Close book) at the end of the course.
*Study materials and other materials will not be allowed during the exam for reference.
Total Marks for Examination: 90
Passing Criteria: 70% (63 marks overall)
Participants who score 70% and above will be awarded with a Certificate of Achievement. Other participants who unable to score 70% and above will be given Certificate of Attendance.
Number of Students:
Minimum 4 students and maximum 10 students per class.
Participants attending this course should have adequate knowledge of ISO 14001 series of standards and some prior knowledge of EMS Auditing. Having no prior knowledge may lead to unsuccessful completion of this course and the gaps in this knowledge may not be covered during this course.