etcS Signalling tüv süd schweiz rail
An integrated, cross-border train control system: ETCS has turned this into a reality in Europe. TÜV SÜD Schweiz Rail has been part of the development, testing and worldwide introduction of ETCS from the very start. Thanks to over ten years of experience in this area, we are a reliable partner for developers, manufacturers and rail operators – above all for ETCS level 1 and 2 projects and the integration of the new systems in existing structures. To take one example, we played a leading role in the operational setup of ETCS-Level-2-lines in Austria and Switzerland.
ETCS – Services at a Glance
- Studies (feasibility studies, development of concepts, migration concepts), benchmarking, purchase strategies
- Preparation of tender and offer documentation including technical and requirement specification
- Verification and validation of trackside and onboard components
- Preparation of planning rules and regulations, design approval
- Planning services up to detailed design
- Creation of scenarios, i.e. representation of operating procedures under conditions that would arise from the implementation of ETCS
- Training (system basics, planning rules)
- Project management
- Test specifications, validation and evaluation in the testing phase
- Support for implementation and final certification
- Operational consulting (including: release management, monitoring, maintenance and disruption management) and adaptation of operating rules
- System integration of the subsystems track, onboard, GSM-R
Please find more information on our page about Signalling Services.