WHAT IS BUILDING PRODUCT TESTING?
From raw materials to finished products, materials used in constructing buildings are often exposed to climatic changes, as well as wear and tear. If left unchecked, it may potentially be hazardous to health and environment. Therefore, to ensure safety, stability, comfort, and durability, building materials and products need to undergo rigorous testing in accordance to stringent standards and regulations. The standards governing building products and materials cover a wide spectrum, such as structural stability, structural safety or fire protection etc, as they have a significant environmental impact and affect the quality of a building’s interior and exterior appearance. They also influence the processes used to extract, manufacture, transport and lastly, to reuse or dispose them. Therefore, stakeholders such as manufacturers, importers, distributors etc need to understand the importance of testing and certification and strictly follow building and construction codes and regulations.
TÜV SÜD MALAYSIA complete testing services for building products
TÜV SÜD Malaysia and global experts can provide complete testing services for building products. These services include:
Plastic piping & fittings test
- Thermal Cycling test - ISO 19893 & EN12293
- Hydrostatic Pressure test - ISO 1167-1
- Longitudinal Reversion ISO 2505
- Melt Flow Rate ISO 1133-1
- Charpy Impact ISO 9854-1
- Heat Deflection ISO 75-1 & ASTM D648-18
- Safety Glass Impact Test MS 1498 & BS EN 12600
- Fragmentation, surface compression, boil & drop ball test MS 1498
- Water field leakage test for Façade AAMA 501.2
- Operation, Weathertightness test MS832 & MS1017
- Door closer test BN EN 1154
- Door hinge BS EN 1935
Other RELATED TEST
- Non-combustibility test BS EN 476 & BS EN ISO 1182
- High temperature fan test (Ventilation test)
BUILDING PRODUCTS THAT ARE suitable for testing
- Access floor, ceiling grid and partition wall
- Anchor, bolt and spring
- Concrete, cement and floor screed
- Pipes, tubes and fittings
- Plumbing and sanitary ware
- Pressure vessel and lifting equipment
- Scaffold, manhole, wire rope, metal formwork, metal guard and parapet
- Tiles, marbles, bricks and stones
- Timber and wood
- Water proofing membrane, geotextile and prefabricated vertical drain
- Weldmesh, reinforcement bar, pre-stress wire and structural steel
- Curtain wall and windows
BENEFITS OF building product testing
- Faster export – Gain access to export markets and shorten your time-to-market by meeting regulatory requirements and international standards.
- Minimise risks – Conducting independent testing minimises violating regulatory risks and potential legal liabilities.
- Improve product quality and safety – Third party independent verification increases product quality and safety, thereby boosting customer confidence in your products.
- Maintain brand image – Protect your company from being embroiled in costly and image damaging product recalls.
- Gain a competitive edge – by partnering with a globally renowned third-party service provider that has a strong reputation for quality, safety and sustainability.