Building Information Modeling (BIM) Basics
BIM competence is currently developing into one of the most relevant suitability criteria for tenders. The competitiveness of companies in the construction and real estate industry will be heavily dependent on knowledge of BIM-compliant work in future.
Through this online BIM course, you pick up the fundamentals of the BIM method easily online – wherever you are and at a time that is flexible to suit you, through web-based training and videos. Short, interactive sections of training and a clearly structured modular design make it easy for you. With the integrated knowledge tests, you can immediately check your newly acquired knowledge and repeat learning units if necessary.
Real-life BIM examples guarantee that the course offers practical application. The training is based on ISO 19650 from 2019 and covers the curriculum according to the VDI 2552 directive.
**If you are unable play the video below, this could be because of your company IT policy may have restricted access to YouTube.
- You acquire extensive knowledge of the BIM method.
- You increase your competence with regard to information processing of building data over the entire life cycle.
This course is specially designed for::
- Managing directors, managers, builders, building contractors, architects, structural engineers, manufacturers of building products
- Specialist planners, surveyors, project controllers, project developers, and asset, property and facility managers
- In-house technicians and craftspeople
- Novices who check and prepare BIM implementation in the company
- People responsible for BIM from the company
For professionals looking to expand their knowledge and expertise, this online BIM course offers the following benefits:
- World-Class Training
Learn from TÜV SÜD’s industry experts and training specialists.
- Flexible Learning Style
Study in your own time, at your own pace.
- Continuous Feedback
Get prompt feedback from content-embedded assessment.
- Professional Certification
Get a globally recognized certificate and enhance your career development.
Supported browsers include:
- Internet Explorer
Additional requires include:
- A high-speed internet connection will provide best results.
- An email address is required to register for courses.
- Microsoft Media Player or equivalent is needed to play audio and video files.
- Flash Player is used for content and interactive learning. If necessary, download and install Flash Player to ensure proper operation of course content.
1. What is included with the course?
Each course will include access to e-learning content, quizzes, and proof of completion. Additional resources may also be included and this will vary by course.
2. Can I pause the course and log in to it anytime?
Certainly. The course allows the learner to take a break and return to it within the defined access period (typically 365 days).
3. Are there any quizzes in the middle of the course?
Our e-learning courses are designed to promote interaction between learner and content and often include quizzes. Quizzes are designed to help understand where successful learning has been achieved, and where opportunities for additional review exist.
4. Can I get a refund if I cancel my enrollment?
Refunds cannot be provided once a course is activated. Please be sure to review course information prior to activation.
5. What happens if I don’t finish the course within the access period?
The standard access period is 365 days to allow sufficient time to complete your course.
The BIM certification e-learning course employs a variety of training tools such as content-embedded assessment, and other interactive exercises to enhance the learning experience. Easily accessible via your preferred choice of device, the course allows you to log in and learn whenever, wherever.