Guarantee the quality of your products
Electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) testing measures the ability of equipment or systems to function satisfactorily in their electromagnetic environment without introducing intolerable electromagnetic disturbance to anything in that environment.
EMC certifications are a mandatory requirement in most markets, including Europe, the US, China, Korea, Australia and New Zealand. Electromagnetic compatibility testing is necessary to help you meet regulatory requirements, improve product performance and reduce the risk of costly non-compliance. A third-party EMC test lab can conduct conformity assessments and also help to strengthen your competitive position in the market.
TÜV SÜD’s experts offer comprehensive testing and certification based on their complete knowledge of EMC compliance, legislation, guidelines, and standards. Our testing can cover all types of products, from small appliances to large defence industry machines.
We assist you to resolve any EMC regulatory issues, from design concept to final production. We provide a one-stop service that covers all your testing and certification needs. Our experts provide project management to ensure that your EMC tests run smoothly.
You can choose to have tests performed at our labs, on your premises or anywhere your product is installed.
Learn more about our EMC testing lab capabilities.
Every device that is connected to the internet or uses semiconductors generates and is affected by electromagnetic interference. The manufacturers have to perform Electromagnetic Interference (EMI) / Electromagnetic Compatibility (EMC) testing to meet the IEC-61000, DO-160, and MIL-STD standards.
TÜV SÜD is your trusted partner for EMI/ EMC testing in the following industries –
1. Medical – Equipment susceptible to RF emissions can be fatal for the patients. The FDA requires all devices to meet the IEC standards.
2. Consumer goods – Devices such as smartphones, Xboxes, and laptops that connect to Wi-Fi need to undergo EMC testing before entering the market.
3. Automotive – Car manufacturers require EMC testing for car engines, radios, and in-connected car features. The increasing electrification of cars makes EMC testing more important than before.
4. Industrial – Equipments used in the manufacturing environment, such as machineries, control systems, robotics need to EMC compatible.
EMI/EMC Testing Procedure
1. Finding the standards that apply to your industry is a complex process that depends on the geography and product type. TÜV SÜD helps find the right standards before drafting an EMI/EMC test plan.
2. Pre-compliance testing involves testing equipment before the final stage. Using the necessary EMC-compliant test equipment such as anechoic chambers, RF shield enclosures, and EMC receivers, TÜV SÜD helps you meet the EMI / EMC standards.
3. The product undergoes verification as per the applicable standard, declaration of conformity, and certification from an accredited laboratory with the certifier’s mark.
Our worldwide labs are capable of conducting a comprehensive range of EMC tests and providing you with EMC certifications. Depending on your product, this might include:
Ensure road safety with increasing connectivity.
Consequences and safety solutions
Overview of compliance requirements worldwide for electrical and electronic goods.
Gear up for safety and success in the automotive & transportation industry.
Consumer trust is key when you manufacture or retail products that are part of everyone’s daily life
Put safety at the heart of your railway operations.