Electricity operates the majority of devices that we use in our daily life however it can be dangerous if not handled well. Because of this electrical wiring and equipment must be installed correctly, securely and safely.
What is THE Electrical Wiring Accessories testing?
Many electrical products such as electrical appliances and other devices have electrical accessories that accompany the products. Electrical wiring accessories are critical role in controlling power and signal transmissions in the electronic circuits. These electrical wiring accessories will have go through vigorous testing to ensure that the product complies to the require standards as well as ensure electrical safety.
TÜV SÜD can provide complete services for electrical wiring accessories testing:
- Endurance test
- Temperature-rise test
- Mechanical strength test
- Environmental test (Ageing, Humidity, Glow-wire)
- Electrical test (High Voltage test, Insulation Resistance test, Overload test)
Why is ELECTRICAL WIRING ACCESSORIES TESTING Important?
Electrical wiring accessories are common in our daily lives, ranging from switches and plugs to adaptors and outlets. However, degradation of these products can pose a danger to both human lives and the environment. Causes include general wear and tear, mechanical impact and insulation failure, among others. Testing is therefore required to ensure product safety and compliance to international standards.
Why choose TÜV SÜD for ELECTRICAL WIRING ACCESSORIES TESTING?
TÜV SÜD laboratories are accredited under the Singapore Laboratory Accreditation Scheme (SINGLAS). You can be assured that TÜV SÜD’s reports and
certificates are widely accepted around the world.
We have the following facilities to perform in-house testing for electrical wiring accessories testing:
- Automatic Tracking Comparator
- Current injection set
- Environmental chambers
- Lightning impulse tester up to 12kV at 1.2/50μs
- Switch & Socket-outlet endurance tester
- Tumbling tester
Find out about our cable lab capabilities.
Below are some of the products that TÜV SÜD can be tested, but not limited to the following, include:
- Appliance couplers, cooker control units, portable cable reels
- Fused/Unfused/Multi-way Adaptor with USB port(s) and electronic devices
- Switches for appliances
- Rewirable/Non-rewirable plugs/Smart Plug
- Switched and unswitched socket-outlets
- Mechanical/Electronic switches/dimmers
- Residual Current Circuit Breaker (RCCB)
Standards that TÜV SÜD can test to:
- BS 546 (Two-pole earthing-pin plugs, socket-outlets and socket-outlet adaptors)
- BS 1362 / SS 167 (General purpose fuse link for domestic and similar purposes)
- BS 1363 / SS246 (Fused and unfused adaptor)
- BS 4177 (Cooker control unit)
- BS 5733 / SS 241 (General requirements for electrical accessories)
- IEC 60320 (Appliance couplers for household and similar general purposes)
- IEC 60669 / SS 403 (Switches for domestic and similar purposes)
- IEC 60670 (Boxes and enclosures for household and similar fixed electrical installations)
- IEC 60884 / BS1363 (Plugs and socket outlets for household or similar purposes)
- IEC 61058 (Switches for appliances)
- IEC 61242 / SS 307 (Cable reels for domestic and similar purposes)
- SS 145 Part 3: 2020 (Multi-way adaptors incorporated with USB port(s) and/ or electronic device(s))
- SS 241: 1996 + SS 145-2: 1997 (Sequences 1,2 & 3 only) - Portable socket-outlet (Power Track)
- SS 241: 1996 + SS 145-2: 2018 (Sequences 1,2 & 3 only) - (applicable for power track incorporated with USB port(s) and/or electronic device(s))
Your benefits at a glance
- Minimise risk - by ensuring that your electrical products comply to the electrical standard requirements.
- Improve product quality and safety - with testing to ensure that your products is safe for use and of a certain quality to comply to international standards.
- Maintain brand image - by ensure that your product is safe and of a certain quality.