Building Information Modeling is now not only required by the ministries and the public sector, BIM competence is also currently becoming one of the most relevant eligibility criteria for tenders. The competitiveness of companies in the construction and real estate industry will in future depend heavily on knowledge of BIM-compliant work.
In this online course, you can easily acquire the basics of the BIM method. Short, interactive learning sections and a clearly structured modular structure make it easy for you. With the integrated knowledge tests, you can immediately check your newly acquired knowledge and repeat learning units if necessary. A high degree of practical relevance is ensured by real BIM examples. The training covers the curriculum according to VDI guideline 2552 sheet 8.1 and is based on DIN EN ISO 19650, published in 2019.
Who Will Benefit?
- Managing directors, managers, builders, contractors, architects, structural engineers, construction product manufacturers, specialist planners, surveyors, project managers, project developers, asset, property and facility managers
- In-house technicians and craftsmen
- Beginners who check and prepare a BIM implementation in the company
- BIM managers from companies
- You will acquire comprehensive knowledge of the BIM method.
- You will learn BIM flexibly in terms of time and location via e-learning – interactively and with many real BIM examples.
- You increase your competence with regard to the information processing of building data over the entire life cycle.
- Module 1: Basic understanding of BIM (running time approx. 60 minutes)
- Development and background
- Definition of terms, history of BIM implementation and initiatives
- BIM influencing factors, opportunities and risks
- Module 2: BIM use cases and tools (running time approx. 45 minutes)
- Basics of application
- Use cases and tools for planning, execution and operation
- Opportunities and risks
- Module 3: Coordination and data exchange (running time approx. 45 minutes)
- Roles and responsibilities
- Data exchange
- Model coordination
- Module 4: Object-oriented model construction (running time approx. 45 minutes)
- Basics of Object-Oriented Modeling
- Model creation
- Module 5: BIM implementation (running time approx. 60 minutes)
- BIM implementation in the company
- BIM implementation in the project
- BIM documents: Client Information Requirements (AEOI), BIM Resolution Plan (BAP)
- Module 6: Standards and guidelines (running time approx. 45 minutes)
- Structure and standardization
- National level: VDI guideline 2552, DIN, GEFMA guideline
- European and international level
- BIM Initiatives
- Module 7: Communication in BIM projects (running time approx. 45 minutes
- Shared Data Environment (CDE)
- Communication during planning, execution and operation
- Module 8: Legal aspects and outlook (running time approx. 45 minutes)
- Tendering and awarding of contracts
- Performance profiles and remuneration
- Liability and copyright
The E-learning consists of a total of 8 modules. The learner can go through this in a self-paced sequence. BIM Basics – Online Training contains a varied format mix of videos, WBT modules and podcasts. Within the learning units, the learner has the opportunity to review his acquired knowledge in short quizzes.