Familiarise yourself with ISO 9001 requirements with auditing course
The success of an organisation, the penetration of its products and services in the market, efficient internal procedures and a healthy economic status depends essentially on how Quality Management System (QMS) requirements are consistently ensured, maintained and improved.
Effective audits assist an organisation to implement its QMS in this spirit. The feedback from our customers has encouraged us to offer Lead Auditor Training courses for most of the Management system standards. The course will be conducted by our expierenced Lead Auditors, who have audited numerous organisations from diverse industries.
This intensive course is a key requirement in becoming a registered Auditor/Lead Auditor. It is a participative learning course which uses case studies, role plays and excercises. The course is structured to provide in-depth understanding of QMS requirements (ISO 9001:2015), knowledge and skills required to assess the Quality Management System as an organization.
Participants who successfully complete the course will be presented with an CQI-IRCA (International Register of Certificated Auditors) registered ‘Certificate Of Achievement.’
The caliber of an auditor is crucial to the performance of companies and ultimately to the success of management system. This comprehensive course provides hands on training to ensure that auditor thoroughly understands the role and acquires the expertise needed or required to perform the audit effectively.
• Describe the purpose and benefits of a QMS
• Describe the purpose, content and relationship of ISO 9000, ISO 9001, ISO 9004 and ISO 19011.
• Explain the terminology used in ISO 9001.
• Explain the seven principles of quality management
• Explanation of High Level Structure with PDCA
• Explanation of Clause 1 to 10 with examples.
• Explain the benefits of third-party certification of a QMS for organizations and stakeholders.
• Be aware of the development and application of the ISO 9000 series of standards.
• Explain the role of the auditor in assessing an organization’s ability to meet customer, statutory and regulatory requirements applicable to the product, and the organizations own requirements
• Learning through case studies & exercises
1. QMS Introduction and Process Approach
• Purpose and benefits of QMS including understanding of the basic QMS principles
• Terms, Fundamentals and Principles
• Ascendance of ISO 9000 series
• Process Approach with PDCA
• QMS Requirements ( Clause 1 to 10)
2. Auditing Principle
• Auditing objectives
• Types of audits
• Audit life cycle
• Terms and Definition
• Principle of Auditing
• Annex A – Guidance of Auditors
3. Role and Responsibilities of Auditor /
• Audit Programme objectives
• The auditees responsibilities
• The lead auditors’ responsibilities
• Auditors qualification and certifications
4. Role Planning an Audit
• Pre-Audit planning
• Reviewing documentation
• Developing an audit plan
• Preparing checklists or working documents
• Communication factors
5. Conducting an Audit
• Opening meeting
• Collecting objective/audit evidence
• Effective interviewing techniques
• Identifying and recording nonconformities
• Preparing for the closing meeting
6. Reporting Audit Results
• Conducting the closing meeting
• Preparing the audit report
• Distributing the audit report
7. Corrective Actions
• Corrective action responsibilities
• Follow up scheduling
• Monitoring corrective action
8. ISO 9001:2015 Registration
• The registration process
• Surveillance audits
9. Exercises/ Role play (50 % of course time)
10. Written Examination
Participants will be assessed throughout the course
1. Continuous Evaluation: Punctuality, presentation skills, interactive approach, involvement, role-play, daily tests, etc.
2. Written Examination: (Close book) at the end of the course.
*Study materials and other materials will not be allowed during the exam for reference.
Total Marks for Examination: 90 (Passing Marks – 63)
Issue of certificate:
Participants completing the course will be presented with certificate of TÜV SÜD along with CQI/IRCA mark which is renowned in certification and carries worldwide acceptance. The Lead Auditor course is made in line with international registers and guidelines.
Participants who score 70% and above in both the continuous assessment and written examination will be issued a certificate, while the others will be issued a certificate of attendance.
This course is specially designed for:
• Quality Professionals/ Consultants
• Management Representatives/ Managers / Process owners
• ISO Coordinators
• Auditors/ Lead Auditors
• Internal auditors of QMS & Other Management System Standards
Prerequisite: Participants attending this course should have adequate knowledge of ISO 9001:2015 series of standards and some prior knowledge of QMS auditing. Having no prior knowledge may lead to unsuccessful completion of this course and the gaps in this knowledge may not be covered during this course.
The course content and structure are designed by the domain experts from TÜV SÜD Malaysia and global
With immense experience and knowledge in the relevant standards, our team of product specialists and technical experts at TÜV SÜD, developed the course content based on current business landscape and market requirements.
World-class training – by learning from TÜV SÜD’s industry experts and training specialists
Interactive learning style – with interactive formats such as lectures, illustrations and simulations are used
Networking opportunity – where you can meet and build network with like-minded individuals at our instructor-led training
Gain a competitive edge – by getting trained by experts known in the fields of safety, security and sustainability
To know more about TÜV SÜD, please click here.
Select Your Location
Bosnia and Herzegovina