CQI IRCA 18101
3rd, 4th, 10th, 11th & 17th December 2021 | Lead Auditor training course for QMS based on ISO 9001:2015 | Time: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm GST
The purpose of this training course is to provide knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third-party audits of quality management systems (QMS) against ISO 9001, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO 17021, as applicable. Capitalizing on the powerful Accelerated Learning Technique, this course spends a good portion of the time on discussions, exercises and case studies to help students to consolidate knowledge and acquire hands-on experience that are instrumental in their capacity as a QMS auditor or as a quality function personnel.
Students who passed the continuous assessment and the 2-hour closed book examination will be awarded a Certificate of Achievement. Based on CQI IRCA policy, this course satisfies the training requirement for certification as a CQI IRCA registered QMS Lead Auditor/Auditor.
Upon completion, successful students will be able to:
• Describe the purpose of a quality management system, of QMS standards, of management system audit and of third-party certification and the business benefits of improved performance of the QMS;
• Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up a QMS audit in accordance with ISO 19011 (and ISO 17021-1 where appropriate);
• Plan, conduct, report and follow up an audit of a QMS to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 9001 and in accordance with ISO 19011.
• General Introduction
• Quality Management Principles, Vocabulary and ISO 9001 requirements
• Stage 1 Audit (including document review)
• Audit Planning
• Process auditing and audit Skills
• Writing NC reports and audit reporting
• Audit follow up
• Staff who are charged with the responsibility to develop and maintain a QMS
• All QMS auditors who wish to acquire an internationally recognized auditor status
• Those who wish to explore career opportunities in management system auditing
CQI IRCA recommends that students are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
• Management systems including the PDCA cycle and the core elements of a management system
• Quality management including the seven quality management principles
• Relationship between quality management and customer satisfaction
• The ISO 9001 requirements and the commonly used quality management terms and definitions
There is a balance between knowledge-based presentation, discussions, exercises and case studies. About two third of the time is spent on activity based learning. A mock examination paper will be discussed throughout the course to help students to be familiar with the style of the questions.
Note: Certificates will only be issued to participants with 100% full attendance
If you would like to organize an in-house training at a location other than listed above, please fill out the form.