Be the next Occupational Health & Safety auditor
The success of an organization, the penetration of its products and services in the market, efficient internal procedures, and a healthy economic status depends essentially on how OH&S requirements are consistently ensured, maintained and improved.
Effective audits assist an organization to implement its OH&S management system in this spirit. The feedback from our customers has encouraged us to offer Lead Auditor Training Courses for all Management System Standards. The course will be conducted by our experienced lead auditors, who have audited numerous organisations from diverse industries.
This intensive course is a key requirement in becoming a registered Auditor / Lead Auditor. It is a participative training course, which uses case studies, role plays and exercises. The course is structured to provide in-depth understanding of OH&S Requirements (ISO 45001: 2018) requirements, knowledge and skills required to assess the OH&S management system of an organisation.
This comprehensive five-day course comprises of case studies, training, role-plays to ensure that the participant thoroughly understands the role of an auditor / lead auditor and acquires the expertise needed to perform effective audits. Participants who successfully complete the course will be presented with an CQI-IRCA (International Register of Certificated Auditors) registered ‘Certificate Of Achievement.’
Duration: 5 - day course
CPD Points: 40 SDUs
CPD Code: CPD/252/A1B/071
WHAT WILL YOU LEARN FROM THE occupational health and safety training?
The caliber of an auditor is crucial to the performance of companies and ultimately to the success of management system. This comprehensive course provides hands on training to ensure that auditor thoroughly understands the role and acquires the expertise needed or required to perform the audit effectively.
• Understanding the ISO 45001:2018 requirements.
• Understanding the concepts of identification of Hazards, Risk and Opportunities
• Understanding the roles and responsibilities of an auditor / Lead Auditor
• Learning to plan, conduct and report the audit
• Understanding the principles and practice of auditing.
• Understanding of OH&S terminologies
• Understanding of OH&S competence requirements
• Communicate effectively with the auditee and audit client.
• Organise and direct audit team members.
• Prevent and resolve conflict with the auditee and/or within the audit team.
• Prepare and complete the audit report.
• Learning through case studies & exercises
1. OH&S Management System
• OH&SMS Purpose, Concept of PDCA and Benefits
• OH&SMS Terms and Definitions
• OH&SMS Requirements
2. Auditing OH&S Management System
• Terms and Definitions – Auditing
• Audit / Certification Process
• Conduct of Audit – Activities
• Audit Process - Audit Method
• Audit Plan
• Audit Working Document (Check List) and Sampling plans for auditing
• Audit Evidence and Audit Findings
• Communication during audit
• Principles of Auditing
• Competence & evaluation of auditors
• Roles and responsibility of guide and observers
• Conducting an audit - Initiating audit
• Review of Documented information
• Audit Planning
• Conducting Audit Activities
• Conduct of Opening Meeting
• Preparing Documented information for Audit
• Conduct of Audit
• Conduct of Closing Meeting
4. Conducting an audit
• Identifying and recording
• Nonconformity Writing
5. Reporting audit results
• Conducting the closing meeting
• Preparing the audit report
• Distributing the audit report
6. Corrective Actions
• Corrective action responsibilities
• Follow up scheduling
7. ISO 45001:2018 Registration
• Choosing a registrar
• The registration process
• Surveillance audits
8. Exercises / Roleplay (80% of course time)
9. Written examination
Participants will be assessed throughout the course
01. Continuous Evaluation: Punctuality, presentation skills, interactive approach, involvement, role-play, daily tests etc.
02. Written examination: (Close book) at the end of the course.
*Study materials and other materials will not be allowed during the exam for reference.
Total Marks for Examination: 90 (Passing Marks – 63)
CQI-IRCA Registered Certificate:
• TUV SUD South Asia as Approved Training Partner of CQI IRCA fulfills all compliances of the course PR357: OH&SMS ISO 45001:2018 Lead Auditor holding training course reference No. 2053
• Participants who scores 70% and above in both the continuous assessment and written examination will be issued an CQI (Charted Qaulity Institute) & IRCA (International Register of Certificated Auditors) registered certificate of successful completion of the course, which is renowned in certification and carries worldwide acceptance. The Lead Auditor course is made in line with international registers and guidelines.
• Unsuccessful candidates will be issued a certificate of attendance from TÜV SÜD South Asia.
This course is specially designed for:
• Professionals with experience in implementation and auditing of OH&S / SHE Management Systems
• Management representatives and core group members responsible for establishing, implementing, maintaining, auditing and improving SHE Management Systems.
• Executives from organizations willing to implement, maintain and improve upon their SHE Management Systems as per ISO 14001: 2015 and ISO 45001:2018
• Those involved in implementation of ISO 45001 and similar management system and other professionals those may be benefited out this course.
Prerequisite: Participants attending this course should have adequate prior knowledge of ISO 45001:2018 series of standards and some prior knowledge of OH&S auditing. Having no prior knowledge may lead to unsuccessful completion of this course and the gaps in this knowledge may not be covered during this course.
Participants are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
• OH&S Terms and definitions
• OH&SMS requirements
• OH&S framework
• Understanding of OH&S Policy and Objective
• Understanding of OH&S operational controls, emergency preparedness and best practices
• Understanding of OH&S performance
The course content and structure are designed by the domain experts from TÜV SÜD.
With immense experience and knowledge in the relevant standards, our team of product specialists and technical experts at TÜV SÜD, developed the course content based on current business landscape and market requirements.
World-class training – by learning from TÜV SÜD’s industry experts and training specialists
Interactive learning style – with interactive formats such as lectures, illustrations and simulations are used
Networking opportunity – where you can meet and build network with like-minded individuals at our instructor-led training
Gain a competitive edge – by getting trained by experts known in the fields of safety, security and sustainability
Bosnia and Herzegovina