Gain in-depth understanding of EMS audit requirements
Gain in-depth understanding of EMS audit requirements
The success of an organization – the implementation of its products and services in the market, efficient internal procedures, a healthy economic status – depends essentially on how quality can be consistently ensured, maintained and improved. Effective audits assist an organisation to implement its quality management system in this spirit.
The feedback from our customers has encouraged us to offer Lead Auditor Training Courses for all Management system Standards. The course will be conducted by our experienced Lead Auditors, who have audited numerous organisations from diverse industries.
This intensive course is a key requirement in becoming a registered Auditor / Lead Auditor. It is a participative training course, which uses case studies, role play and hands-on auditing experience of companies. The course is structured to provide in-depth understanding of ISO14001 requirements, knowledge and skills required to assess the quality management system of an organisation.
The caliber of an Auditor is crucial to the performance of any companies audit team and ultimately to the success of your management system. This comprehensive five day course provides hands on training to ensure that your auditor thoroughly understands the role and acquires the expertise needs to perform the audit effectively. Participants completing the course will be presented with CQI and IRCA approved certificate from TÜV SÜD Middle East which is a renowned in certification.
Duration: 5 - day course
CPD Points: 40 SDUs
CPD Code: CPD/252/A1B/049
• Correct and relevant understanding of the Environmental Management System principles and ISO 14000 series of standards.
• Interpret the requirements of ISO 14001 in the context of an audit.
• Identifying the gaps within the existing Environmental Management System vis-à-vis the requirements specified in ISO 14001:2015.
• Enable candidates to train the organization personnel for effective implementation and auditing the EMS.
• Roles and responsibilities of Auditors and Lead Auditors.
• Plan, conduct and report the audit in accordance with ISO 19011
• Ability to do third party audits.
• Learning through case studies and exercises
The key objective of this course is to train the participant in fulfilling a key requirement in becoming a registered Auditor / Lead Auditor. The course is structured to provide in-depth understanding of ISO 14001 requirements, knowledge and skills required to assess the Environmental Management System of an organisation.
1. EMS Introduction and Concepts
• Purpose and benefits of Environment Management System including understanding of the basic EMS principles
• Background of ISO 14000 series of standards
• High Level Structure
• Environmental Management System requirements based on ISO 14001
• Sustainability and Pillars for Environment
• Aspect / Impact understanding
• Environmental documentation
2. Auditing Principles
• Auditing Objectives
• Types of Audits
• Process Approach
3. Roles and responsibility of Auditors
• The Lead auditors’ responsibilities
• The Auditees’ responsibilities
• Auditors Qualification and Certifications
4. Planning an Audit
• Pre-Audit planning
• Reviewing documentation
• Developing an audit plan
• Preparing checklists or working documents
• Communication factors
5. Conducting an audit
• Opening meeting
• Collecting objective/audit evidence
• Effective interviewing techniques
• Identifying and recording nonconformities
• Preparing for the closing meeting
6. Reporting audit results
• Conducting the closing meeting
• Preparing the audit report
• Distributing the audit report
7. Corrective Actions
• Corrective Action responsibilities
• Follow up Scheduling
• Monitoring Corrective Action
8. ISO 14001 Registration
• The registration process
• Surveillance audits
9. Exercises/Roleplay (50% of Course time)
10. Written Examination
WHAT IS THE COURSE METHODOLOGY?
Participants will be assessed throughout the course
1. Continuous Evaluation: Punctuality, presentation skills, interactive approach, involvement, roleplay,
daily tests etc.
2. Written examination: (Close book) at the end of the course.
*Study materials and other materials will not be allowed during the exam for reference.
Total Marks for Examination: 90 (Passing Marks – 63
Issue of Certificate:
Participants who scores 70% and above will be awarded with Certificate of Achievement. Other participants who are unable to score 70% and above will be given Certificate of Attendance. Candidates should attend training on all 5 days to get the certificate.
This course is specially designed for:
• Environment Professionals with experience in implementation and auditing of Environment Management Systems
• Management Representatives and core group members responsible for establishing, implementing, maintaining, auditing and improving Environment Management Systems.
• Executives from organizations willing to implement, maintain and improve upon their Environment Management Systems as per ISO 14001: 2015
Prerequisite: Participants attending this course should have adequate knowledge of ISO 14001 series of standards and some prior knowledge of EMS Auditing. Having no prior knowledge may lead to unsuccessful completion of this course and the gaps in this knowledge may not be covered during this course.
The course content and structure are designed by the domain experts from TÜV SÜD.
With immense experience and knowledge in the relevant standards, our team of product specialists and technical experts at TÜV SÜD, developed the course content based on current business landscape and market requirements.
World-class training – by learning from TÜV SÜD’s industry experts and training specialists
Interactive learning style – with interactive formats such as lectures, illustrations and simulations are used
Networking opportunity – where you can meet and build network with like-minded individuals at our instructor-led training
Gain a competitive edge – by getting trained by experts known in the fields of safety, security and sustainability
To enroll, please fill out the form on the webpage accordingly.
Participants will learn through role plays, case studies, group exercises, scenarios and discussions.
There are continuous assessment and specimen examination in the middle of the ISO 14001:2015 Lead Auditor course.
Yes, please contact us at [email protected] for more details. Terms and conditions apply.
Yes, you can register to any e-learning courses. If you have special requirements, please contact us at [email protected] and we can customise a suitable package for you.
Yes, you will receive a Certificate of Achievement if you successfully passed the examination, or a Certificate of Attendance if you failed the examination.
The ISO 14001:2015 Lead Auditor course content and structure are designed by the domain experts from TÜV SÜD. With immense experience and knowledge in the relevant standards, our team of product specialists and technical experts at TÜV SÜD, developed the ISO 14001:2015 Lead Auditor course content based on current business landscape and market requirements.