Gain in-depth understanding of EMS audit requirements
The purpose of this training course is to provide knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third-party audits of Environmental Management Systems (EMS) against ISO 14001, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO 17021, as applicable.
Capitalizing on the powerful Accelerated Learning Technique, this course spends a good portion of the time on discussions, exercises and case studies to help students to consolidate knowledge and acquire hands-on experience that are instrumental in their capacity as a EMS auditor or as an environmental personnel.
Students who passed the continuous assessment and the 2-hour closed book examination will be awarded a Certificate of Successful Completion. Based on CQI IRCA policy, this course satisfies the training requirement for certification as a CQI IRCA registered EMS Lead Auditor/Auditor.
Duration: 5 - day course
CPD Points: 40 SDUs
CPD Code: CPD/252/A1B/024
On completion, successful students will be able to:
• Describe the purpose of an environmental management system, of EMS standards, of management system audit and of third-party certification, and the business and societal benefits of improving environmental performance;
• Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an EMS audit in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021-1, as applicable;
• Plan, conduct, report and follow-up an audit of an EMS to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 14001, and in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021-1 as applicable.
Topics to be covered in this course include:
• General Introduction
• Environmental Management Principles, Vocabulary and ISO 14001 requirements
• Stage 1 Audit (including document review)
• Audit Planning
• Process Auditing and Audit Skills
• Writing NC Reports and Audit Reporting
• Audit follow up
There is a balance between knowledge-based presentation, discussions, exercises and case studies. About two third of the time is spent on activity based learning. A mock examination paper will be discussed throughout the course to help students to be familiar with the style of the questions.
Certificates will only be issued to participants with 100% full attendance.
This course is specially designed for:
• Staff who are charged with the responsibility to develop and maintain an EMS
• All EMS auditors who wish to acquire an internationally recognized auditor status
• Those who wish to explore career opportunities in management system auditing
CQI IRCA recommends that students are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
• The PDCA cycle
• The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between top management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, measurement, review, and improvement
• The intended outcomes of an environmental management system:
o Enhancement of environmental performance
o Fulfilment of compliance obligations
o Achievement of environmental objectives
• Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 14001 and the commonly used environmental management terms and definitions, as given in ISO14001, which may be gained by completing a CQI IRCA Certified EMS Foundation Training course or equivalent
The course content and structure are designed by the domain experts from TÜV SÜD.
With immense experience and knowledge in the relevant standards, our team of product specialists and technical experts at TÜV SÜD, developed the course content based on current business landscape and market requirements.
World-class training – by learning from TÜV SÜD’s industry experts and training specialists
Interactive learning style – with interactive formats such as lectures, illustrations and simulations are used
Networking opportunity – where you can meet and build network with like-minded individuals at our instructor-led training
Gain a competitive edge – by getting trained by experts known in the fields of safety, security and sustainability
Select Your Location
Bosnia and Herzegovina