WHAT IS INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM?
IT Service Management (ITSM) is a process-based practice intended to align the delivery of information technology (IT) services with needs of the enterprise, emphasizing benefits to customers.
ITSM practice facilitates organizations to make significant improvements in the way they manage the relationships, processes, people and technologies to deliver a high-quality IT service.
The international standard ISO 20000-1 defines the best practices in IT Service Management. It specifies several closely related processes when brought together will help ensure that an organisation delivers managed IT services of acceptable quality to its customers
At the end of the training the participants will be able to
- Identify gaps in IT Service Management System.
- Determine an organization’s compliance to the IT Service Management System Standard (ISO 20000-1).
- Understand auditing techniques for auditing IT Service Management System against the standard.
- Conduct audits of the system.
COURSE CONTENT / OUTLINE
Topics to be covered in this course include:
- ITSM concepts and ISO 20000-1 standard
- Auditing principles
- Roles and responsibility of auditors
- Planning an audit
- Conducting an audit
- Reporting audit results
- Corrective actions
- Exercises / Roleplay
- Written examination
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
Professionals who have a role to play with regards to IT Service Management System (ITSMS) like
- IT Service Professionals
- ITSMS Process Owners
- ITSMS Consultants
- ITSMS Auditors
- ISO 9001 internal auditors
- Head - Quality
- Head - IT etc.
- Prior Knowledge about ISO 20000-1 standard is desirable. This course is not for filling gaps in the knowledge about the standard; but for enhancing the knowledge about the same with regards to audit context
EXAM AND CERTIFICATION
- Participants will be assessed throughout the course for punctuality, presentation skills, interactive approach, involvement, role-play, daily tests etc. and finally through an open book written examination for 100 marks at the end of the course.
- Minimum passing% criteria: 70%.
Certificate of successful completion:
- A TÜV SÜD certificate will be issued to participants only after successful completion based on performance during the course and in written examination.
- Participants who scores 70% and above in both the continuous assessment and written examination will be issued certificate.
- Unsuccessful candidates will be issued a certificate of attendance.