WHAT IS INFORMATION TECHNOLOGY SERVICE MANAGEMENT SYSTEM?
ISO / IEC 20000-1 is the leading international standard for Information technology – Service management – Part 1.
It covers commercial, governmental and not-for-profit organizations and specifies the requirements for establishing, implementing, maintaining and continually improving a service management system (SMS).
Implementation and operation of an SMS provides ongoing visibility control of services and continual improvement, leading to greater effectiveness and efficiency. Improvement for service management applies to the SMS and the services.
An SMS supports the management of the service lifecycle, including the planning, design, transition, delivery and improvement of services, which meet agreed requirements and deliver value for customers, users and the organization delivering services.
- Understand the purpose of an Information Technology Service Management System and the requirements in accordance to ISO/IEC 20000-1:2018
- Understand the framework for implementing a service management system (SMS).
- Documentation requirements
- Role of lead implementer in implementing the requirements of the IT service management system
- How to implement ISO 20000-1:2018.
- How to Plan, Conduct and Report an internal ITSMS audit in accordance with ISO 19011:2018
COURSE CONTENT / OUTLINE
Topics to be covered in this course include:
- ISO 20000-1: 2018 - ITSMS Concepts, Terms and benefits, ITSMS family of standards
- ISO 20000-1- ITSMS requirements Overview
- Service Management System (SMS) Overview
- Context of the Organization
- Support of the SMS
- Operation of the SMS
- Operation Planning and Control
- Relationship and Agreement
- Service Design, Build and transition
- Resolution and Fulfillment
- Supply and Demand
- Service Assurance
- Performance Evaluation
- Levels of Documentation and Documentation Requirements
WHO SHOULD ATTEND?
- IT service managers
- Information Security Practitioners & Managers
- Professionals responsible for Information Security practices
- Management Representatives
- ISO 20000-1 Implementation teams
- Any personnel who wish to pursue a career in the field of IT services
- Any personnel who has a role to play in the implementation of Information Security Management System
- Prior Knowledge about ISO 20000-1 standard / ITIL framework is desirable
- Candidates will be assessed by the following 2 methods
- Continuous assessment: This includes assessment throughout the course for punctuality, presentation skills, interactive approach, involvement, role-play, classroom exercises, assignments etc.
- Online examination: This will be at the end of the course.
- Duration of the written exam is 120 minutes
- Use of only ISO 20000-1 standard is permissible.
- Minimum passing criteria is 70% in both continuous assessment and written examination.
- Candidates who scores 70% and above in both the continuous assessment and written examination will be issued a TÜV SÜD certificate.
- Unsuccessful candidates will be issued a certificate of attendance.