To equip the participants with basic skill requirements and associated job safety knowledge to personnel involved in mobile crane operations.
• At least 21 years of age
• Capable of reading and understanding the English language and basic knowledge that is sufficient for the performance as crane operator.
• Holding a valid heavy machinery UAE driving license.
Day 1: Rigging and Slinging
• Rights and responsibilities
• Terms and definitions of various lifting/rigging terminology
• Introduction to various types of slings (webbing slings, wire rope slings and chain slings)
• Pre-use inspection of various types of slings
• Rejection criteria of lifting accessories
• Types of lifting hitches
• Sling angles
• Determining the slings capacity
• Types of Shackles, eye bolts and hooks, chain block , turn buckles and their inspection
• Proper lifting techniques
• Communication and Hand Signals during Lifting
• Hazards associated with lifting and cranes work
• Lifting & Handling General Principle.
Day 2: Safe Mobile Crane Operation
• Types of mobile cranes
• Illustration of various components of mobile cranes
• Duties and responsibilities of crane operator
• Proper set up of mobile cranes
• Safety precaution during cranes routine work
• Pre-use inspection
• How to read and understand the load charts of mobile cranes
• Stability of cranes and factors that affects the stability and strength of the cranes
• Introduction for RCI/LMI (crane’s computers)
• Practical session
If you would like to organize an in-house training at a location other than listed above, please fill out the form.
World-class training – by learning from TÜV SÜD’s industry experts and training specialists
Interactive learning style – with interactive formats such as lectures, illustrations and simulations are used
Networking opportunity – where you can meet and build network with like-minded individuals at our instructor-led training
Gain a competitive edge – by getting trained by experts known in the fields of safety, security and sustainability