• Know the duties and responsibilities of a competent person
• Gain understanding of the legal provisions concerning lifting operation.
• Deliver effective tool box talk
• Effectively carry out his duty as a competent lifting supervisor with various types of cranes
• Implementing lifting plan based on the method statement
• Capable of reading and understanding the English language.
• Minimum 3 years onsite experience.
• Have a decent knowledge in rigging and lifting operations.
• Have strong administrative and supervisory skills to schedule, monitor and control the "lifting equipment" and lifting operations.
• Lifting supervisor duties and responsibilities
• Definition of competent person
• Terms and definitions of various lifting/rigging terminology
• Introduction to various types of slings (webbing slings, wire rope slings and chain slings)
• Pre-use inspection of various types of slings
• Rejection criteria of lifting accessories
• Types of lifting hitches
• Sling angles
• Determining the slings capacity
• Types of shackles, eye bolts and hooks, chain block , turn buckles and their inspection
• Proper lifting techniques
• Common lifting hazards
• Communication and hand signals during Lifting
• Types of cranes and safe operation of various cranes
• Supervisory techniques and supervisor role related to the lifting operation crew
• Hazards associated with cranes operation
• Lifting & handling general principles
• Practical session
Select Your Location
Bosnia and Herzegovina