21st - 24th June 2022: Lead Implementer Training On Business Continuity Management Based On ISO 22301:2019 I Duration: 4 Days | Time: 9:00 am - 5:00 pm GST
ABOUT THE COURSE
The purpose of Business Continuity Management System (BCMS) based on ISO 22301:2019 is to prepare, provide and maintain controls and capabilities for managing an organization’s overall ability to continue to operate during disruptions. Like most of the management system standards, the international standard ISO 22301 is based on Plan-Do-Check-Act approach and defines the best practices in Business continuity management system. It specifies requirements for setting up and managing effective BCMS. BCMS emphasizes the importance of understanding the needs and necessity for establishing, implementing, operating, maintaining, monitoring, reviewing and improving the effectiveness of an organisation’s BCM. BCM practice facilitates organizations to make significant improvements in the way they manage the relationships, processes, people and technologies to deliver societal security.
This lead implementer course on ISO 22301 equips professionals to gain detailed understanding on the ISO 22301 standard. It would also enable the participants to implement the requirements of the standard effectively with a focus on improvement.
This course will help the participants to:
- Understand BCMS terminology and key elements of business continuity management
- Learn the Plan-Do-Check-Act (PDCA) approach
Know more about processes and their interconnections
- Gain implementation knowledge
- Achieve certificate - Business Continuity Management System - Implementer
course content / outline
Topics to be covered in this course include:
- Understanding the of threats, vulnerabilities, incidents, impact
- Fundamental Principles and Concepts in Business Continuity (BC)
- Business Continuity Best Practices - overview
- Planning and Implementing BCMS
- Performance Evaluation, Monitoring and Measurement of a BCMS
- Continual Improvement of a BCMS
- Preparation for a BCMS Certification audit
- Crisis management plan
- BC and Disaster recovery planning
- Business continuity plan and Disaster Recovery Plan (DRP)
- Maintenance of BCM and DR plan
- Conducting Internal audits and Management Review
- Corrective action and effectiveness of Corrective action.
- Case studies
who should attend?
- Personnel responsible for implementing Business Continuity management system
- The Business Continuity team (which may include any of the consultants, project managers, organizational staff, etc) responsible or wanting to support the organization in implementing and identifying risks and ensuring business continuity in case of any disaster
Prior Knowledge about ISO 22301 standard
Exam Details (Duration, Pattern)
Candidates will be assessed by the following methods:
- Continuous assessment: This includes assessment throughout the course for punctuality, presentation skills, interactive approach, involvement, role-play, classroom exercises, assignments etc.
- Online examination: This will be at the end of the course.
Total marks: 70
Duration of the exam: 90 minutes (1.5 hours)
Use of only ISO 22301 standard is permissible.
Minimum passing criteria is 70% in both continuous assessment and examination.
- Candidates who scores 70% and above in both the continuous assessment and examination will be issued a TUV SUD’s Certified Business continuity Management system Lead Implementer certificate based on ISO 22301 standard
- Candidates who are not able to clear the examination will be issued a certificate of attendance