CQI IRCA 18036
18th - 22nd December 2021 - Training on CQI IRCA accredited Lead Auditor (ISO 14001:2015) I Time: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm GST
The purpose of this training course is to provide knowledge and skills required to perform first, second and third-party audits of Environmental Management Systems (EMS) against ISO 14001, in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO 17021, as applicable.
Capitalizing on the powerful Accelerated Learning Technique, this course spends a good portion of the time on discussions, exercises and case studies to help students to consolidate knowledge and acquire hands-on experience that are instrumental in their capacity as a EMS auditor or as an environmental personnel.
Students who passed the continuous assessment and the 2-hour closed book examination will be awarded a Certificate of Achievement. Based on CQI IRCA policy, this course satisfies the training requirement for certification as a CQI IRCA registered EMS Lead Auditor/Auditor.
On completion, successful students will be able to:
• Describe the purpose of an environmental management system, of EMS standards, of management system audit and of third-party certification, and the business and societal benefits of improving environmental performance;
• Explain the role of an auditor to plan, conduct, report and follow up an EMS audit in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021-1, as applicable;
• Plan, conduct, report and follow-up an audit of an EMS to establish conformity (or otherwise) with ISO 14001, and in accordance with ISO 19011 and ISO/IEC 17021-1 as applicable.
• General Introduction
• Environmental Management Principles, Vocabulary and ISO 14001 requirements
• Stage 1 Audit (including document review)
• Audit Planning
• Process Auditing and Audit Skills
• Writing NC Reports and Audit Reporting
• Audit follow up
• Staff who are charged with the responsibility to develop and maintain an EMS
• All EMS auditors who wish to acquire an internationally recognized auditor status
• Those who wish to explore career opportunities in management system auditing
CQI IRCA recommends that students are expected to have the following prior knowledge:
• The PDCA cycle
• The core elements of a management system and the interrelationship between top management responsibility, policy, objectives, planning, implementation, measurement, review, and improvement
• The intended outcomes of an environmental management system:
• Enhancement of environmental performance
• Fulfillment of compliance obligations
• Achievement of environmental objectives
• Knowledge of the requirements of ISO 14001 and the commonly used environmental management terms and definitions, as given in ISO14001, which may be gained by completing a CQI IRCA Certified EMS Foundation Training course or equivalent
There is a balance between knowledge-based presentation, discussions, exercises and case studies. About two third of the time is spent on activity based learning. A mock examination paper will be discussed throughout the course to help students to be familiar with the style of the questions.
If you would like to organize an in-house training at a location other than listed above, please fill out the form.