What is certified Lean six sigma master black belt (clssmbb)?
Certified Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt (CLSSBB) is the top level in the Lean Six Sigma competency hierarchy. This program is meant for enterprising professionals who foresee themselves as future business leaders. They are the business excellence experts responsible for establishing and sustaining strategic implementation of lean six sigma in an organization, promoting and nurturing process improvement initiatives in all business areas thereby transforming an organization’s business operations and performance. MBBs possess a deep business improvement acumen with their complete command on lean six sigma and other disruptive approaches. There main job is to inculcate lean six sigma culture in an organization by identifying, training and mentoring the workforce on various lean six sigma levels thus forming a deep-rooted hierarchical structure of process improvement agents. MBBs are also responsible for securing senior management and other stakeholders’ buy-in for which they must demonstrate strong leadership qualities.
The Certified Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt program is designed to let participants learn through direct involvement. There is a major focus on developing key skills by practical activities during classes. The aim is to uplift the leadership, training and mentoring qualities in addition to regular curriculum. With our Certified Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt program, participants can:
- Gain expertise in advanced problem solving and data analytical tools
- Learn training, coaching and facilitation skills
- Gain confidence to mentor and lead complex (cross-functional) projects
- Plan and establish organizational metrics and dashboards
- Mentor teams on project identification and execution
- Manage stakeholders
- Coach Yellow Belts, Green Belts & Black Belts
- Achieve business leadership roles and responsibilities
- Achieve globally accepted Certified Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt certificate
course content / outline
TÜV SÜD follows an internationally accepted Body of Knowledge concept, which is revised regularly considering the changing dynamics of industries across the globe. Here is the day wise agenda:
Enterprise Wide Planning and Deployment:
- Strategic Plan Development- Strategic planning tools and methods- (SWOT, PEST, Hoshin Kanri, Balanced Scorecard etc.)
- Strategic Plan alignment- Project alignment with business objectives
- Improvement methodologies- (DMAIC, DFSS, Lean, Business Process Management & Systems)
- Project Identification and Qualification (New project identification and prioritization, elements of a well-defined project, approval process and tools used for project definition)
Advanced Data Management and Analytic Methods:
- Multiple Regression Analysis
- Advanced approaches in DOE (Response Surface Methodologies, Taguchi Design etc.)
- Understanding Non-Normal data / distributions and handling Non-Normal data
Business Analytics and RPA (Robotic Process Automation):
- Business Analytics: Introduction and Overview of Business Analytics to make better decisions
- RPA: Introduction and Overview of RPA
- Strategies for RPA Implementation
- Understanding Design Thinking as a problem-solving approach - extremely helpful in designing a new product or process
- Understanding important factors while capturing VOC
- Understanding and overview of Emotional Intelligence
- How we can learn EQ and apply it in various situations
Advance Lean Tools:
- Lean Flow Concept
- Line Layout
- Takt Time/Cycle Time/Lead Time
- Standard Work
Training, Coaching and Facilitation skills:
- Define Training, Coaching and Facilitation
- Motivating and engaging people
- Objection handling and managing behaviors
- Activities- Role Plays
- Feedback discussions and Takeaways
Working sessions - doing Projects for solving complex business problems:
- To have an experience of how we do an LSS Project to solve a Complex Business Problem- Taking a complex business problem and solving it using LSS approach and Tools
- Project Reviews
- Reviews and Feedback sessions
Working sessions- Business Problem Case Study:
- Case Study presentations and discussions
- Feedback and Discussions
who should attend?
TÜV SÜD’s Certified Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt program is best suited for Black Belt certified professionals who -
- want to be more effective at problem solving, decision making and people management
- are aspiring to get into a Lean Six Sigma leadership role
- are already working in a leadership role and want to get MBB certified
- plan to become independent Lean Six Sigma trainer/coach
- Quality professionals who wish to take up senior strategic roles in their organisation
64 hours | 8 days instructor-led training.
The program is conducted in two phases:
- Phase I - The first part of the training (4 days) will cover Enterprise Wide Planning and Deployment, Advanced Data Management and Analytic Methods, RPA (Robotic Process Automation) & Business Analytics, Design Thinking and Emotional Intelligence.
- Phase II - The second part (4 Days) takes you through the Advanced Lean Tools, Training, Coaching and Facilitation skills, Case Studies, Project working sessions and feedback
- Learn under the guidance of certified Master Black Belts (MBBs) with multi-industry exposure and extensive project knowledge.
- Certified Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt training kit
- Project Guidance and Support
- 3 Lean Six Sigma projects
- Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt Examination
- Globally recognized Certified Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt certificate
Participants applying for TÜV SÜD's certified lean six sigma master black belt training must have completed a globally accepted lean six sigma black belt training. project completion is an additional advantage but not a pre-requisite.
Exam details (Duration, pattern)
Candidates are required to pass a multiple-choice question (mcq)-based online examination measuring the comprehension of TÜV SÜD’s Certified Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt Body of Knowledge. The duration of the examination is 150 minutes, with 70 mcqs, offered in English.
Certification is based on a continuous assessment process. There are three elements with different weightage that needs to be fulfilled in order to achieve TÜV SÜD’s Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt Certification.
- Examination- 50% weightage (achieve a minimum of 70% in the examination)
- Class Activities- 20% weightage (Successfully complete all the class activities like role plays, training, group exercises etc., assessment will be done by the trainer)
- Project Submission- 30% weightage (Complete and submit at least 3 Lean Six Sigma projects covered during and after training, in this requirement too, trainer’s assessment will be final)
Once a candidate meets all the above requirements, Lean Six Sigma Master Black Belt certification by TÜV SÜD will be awarded.