Adding value with our service portfolio
The certification mark applies to water-filter cartridges, household water filters, electric kettles and, where applicable, products that come into contact with food.
Depending on the product in question, the test procedures developed by TÜV SÜD are based on various different standards, such as:
- EN 60335-1 (Household and similar electrical appliances – Safety – Part 1: General requirements)
- EN 60335-2-15 (Household and similar electrical appliances – Part 2-15: Particular requirements for appliances for heating liquids)
- DIN 10521:2009 (Food hygiene – Household water filters using cation exchange resin and activated carbon)
- Regulation 1935/2004/EC and the German Food and Feed Code (Lebensmittel- und Futtermittelgesetzbuch, LFGB)
- DIN 18879-1 (Equipment for commercial kitchens – Systems for treatment of potable water for commercial kitchens – Part 1: Decarbonisation-systems installed before equipment for commercial kitchens).