Adding value with our service portfolio
The certification mark applies to duvets and quilts filled with feathers or down.
The certification mark is awarded within the framework of voluntary testing and certification, The test procedure developed by TÜV SÜD is based on various standards including EN 12130 (Feather and down - Test methods - Determination of the filling power (bulk density) and EN 1167 (Feather and down - Method of test for measuring the sizes of quilts filled with feather and/or down).
Within the scope of the assessment of mechanical durability, TÜV SÜD Product Service tested the following criteria:
1. Dimensions according to EN 1167: Testing is based on the EN 1167 standard (see Basis of certification). The duvet is measured and assessed in new condition as delivered.
2. Washing: The duvet is washed and dried six times according to the instructions on the care label. Following inspection for damage, the duvet is measured to see whether its dimensions have changed following washing. Depending on the extent of changes in the duvet's length, width and height, it is rated from 1 (unsuitable) to 5 (optimal).
Changes in length or width (%) Points
• 1 5
• 2 4
• 3 3
• 4 2
• 5 1
Changes in height (%) Points
• 1 5
• 2 4
• 3 3
• 4 2
• 5 1
3. Testing for feathers and fibres leaking out of the duvet: The numbers of feathers and fibres leaking out of the duvet are recorded and assessed on a new duvet (after purchase) and a used duvet (after ten washes). Depending on the number of feathers leaking out of the duvet, the product is rated from 1 (unsuitable) to 5 (optimum).
Leakage of feathers or fibres Points
• No leakage 5
• Very little leakage 4
• Slight leakage 3
• Significant leakage 2
• Extreme leakage 1
Within the scope of the assessment of body comfort, TÜV SÜD Product Service tested the following criteria:
1. Body moulding: To determine how well a duvet moulds around the body, its capacity to form a large or small space between the mattress and the duvet is simulated by technical means. For this purpose, the experts measure the free space between a test dummy, the duvet and a support surface. The smaller the free space, the better the duvet's capacity to mould around the body and the higher the number of points.
Size of the simulated space (%) Points
• ≤ 200 5
• 201-300 4
• 301-400 3
• 401-500 2
• > 500 1
2. Bulkiness test according to EN 12130 Testing is based on the EN 12130 standard (see Basis of certification). The filling is compressed over a certain period. Subsequently, the expansion of the filling is measured in millimetres.
Percentage deformation of total height Points
by defined compression (%)
• ≤ 80 5
• 79-60 4
• 59-40 3
• 39-20 2
• <20 1