WHAT IS PRE-sHIPMENT INSPECTION?
A pre-shipment inspection (PSI) is a random inspection comprising a detailed inspection of finished goods before shipment. It generally takes place in the manufacturer’s premises on samples randomly selected according to the defined statistical sampling procedure ISO 2859-1 and AQL (Acceptance Quality Limits) or otherwise agreed with the customer. The inspection criteria may cover type identification, product conformity, safety, function, marking and safety hints, quality (consistent workmanship), quantity, packaging, unit completeness and compliance with the agreed specification.
TÜV SÜD pre-shipment inspection services
As your partner for process excellence, we provide a variety of testing and inspection services customized to your needs and look after your interests on site at a local level. Upon request, we can also take over end-to-end scheduling and project control on your behalf. The services include:
- In-line Inspection: Focuses on controlling the quality of products by inspecting the production line/raw materials to identify potential problems that may result in defective end products. It is based on a ‘bottom-up’ or deductive approach.
- Initial Production Inspection (IPI): Conducted at the beginning of the production cycle, when up to 20% of goods are produced. It is based on a ‘top-down’ or inductive approach, which first inspects the end products and then traces back any problems to the production line and raw materials.
- During Production Inspection (DUPRO): Also based on a ‘top-down’ approach, occurs when the product cycle is about 20- 40% complete and product packing has started.
- Final Random Inspection (FRI): When the total consignment is completed and packed; a detailed inspection of randomly selected samples is carried out to check the quality, quantity and packaging conformity as per samples and specifications.
- Construction Check: TÜV SÜD performs a safety check on your products in the run up to production to help you avoid time consuming delays in delivery or costly rework. Within the scope of this examination, we check whether the correct components are being used in order to ensure long-term quality. The design check also provides important information for pre-shipment inspections.
- Loading Supervisions: TÜV SÜD monitors loading of goods on your behalf. We also inspect the condition of containers and verify the identity and quantity of goods. This enables us to initiate optimization measures on the spot, if necessary.
TÜV SÜD helps ensure quality conformity of your products
As one of the world’s leading technical service providers, TÜV SÜD’s pre-shipment inspections ensure quality conformity in the global supply chain. These inspections help manufacturers to ensure the quality of their goods and protect importers from the risks of international trade.
- Apparels (Leather / Textiles)
- Home Textiles / Furnishing
- Hardlines Products