What is a Data Centre?
Data Centres (DCs) are structure, or group of structures, dedicated to the centralized accommodation, interconnection and operation of information technology and network telecommunications equipment providing data storage, processing and transport services together with all the facilities and infrastructures for power distribution and environmental control together with the necessary levels of resilience and security required to provide the desired service availability.
Why are Data Centre Certification and Quality Control Important?
According to Cisco Global Cloud Index, data center storage utilization is estimated as 1.3 ZB (zettabyte) in 2021 for data stored and 1.2 ZB per month for data in motion; the amount of annual global data center traffic is to reach 20.6 ZB per year by 2021.
- Looking to the future, the data center industry will not only grow, but become increasingly important for six reasons:
- Today, 75% of business workloads remain within enterprise data center. By 2025, it’s expected that 50% of business workloads will still be there.
- Applications of AI are entering the mainstream more and more meaning data center will need to have the capacity to react accordingly.
- In India Data Protection Framework is Under enforcement and Laws for storage of the local data is getting stringent and now international agency are asked to store the information locally. This means that these enterprises now need to own local reliable and secure data center infrastructure.
- The Reserve Bank has already told payment system operators to ensure data localization in near future. The idea is to give lawmakers greater control over companies to ensure they are compliant with laws.
- Edge computing will complement traditional data center business.
- Finally, Quantum Computing will open up entirely new opportunities and possibilities as well as new challenges for traditional data center business in the future.
TÜV SÜD SUPPORTS DATA CENTRE ANALYSIS AND QUALITY CONTROL
TÜV SÜD cares for secure availability, supporting our customers with solutions that increase the quality and availability of their DCs. As your trusted data centre partner, we become your eyes and ears on site. We are also fully aware that time is critical, meaning we follow your time schedule as a reliable, fast-reacting third-party service provider – worldwide.
TÜV SÜD's data centre infrastructure services
Our services were developed to tightly follow the market demands combined with your needs to turn facts and assumptions into reality.
Feasibility Assessment Services
- Techno-economical viability/feasibility assessment
- Due diligence
- Risk assessment
Project Management Services
- Design review
- Project management
Testing and Commissioning Services - The 5 Level Approach
- Factory Acceptance Test (FAT)
- Component verification
- System construction verification
- Individual system and major equipment operation verification
- Integrated system operation verification - inspection of high level failures scenarios
- Asset Integrity Management
- Data Centre utility audit & optimisation
- Failure analysis
- Energy usage and efficiency assessment services
- Waste management
Certified Data Centre
- EN 50600 (IS TS 22237) - Data Centre design, infrastructure operation
- Confirmation of compliance with tier - classes / TIA 942:2010
- EN 50518 - Monitoring and alarm receiving centre
- Energy efficiency
Life Cycle Flow Diagram for Data Centre Services
IN ADDITION TO THE SERVICES DESCRIBED ABOVE, TÜV SÜD ALSO OFFERS:
- RAM analysis, energy efficiency certification, root cause analysis and evaluation of equipment failures
- Certification of Edge Computing solutions following EN 50600
- Data Centre Certification for SMEs with their own on-premise DCs according to TÜV SÜD Data Centre standard based on EN 50600
- ARC Flash Analysis
Your Benefits at a Glance
- One Stop Solution from Feasibility study to O&M Advisory Support for Data Centre
- Globally available to be close to various areas and customer and help them to achieve the goal
- Third party independent assessment helping better transparency for decision making