What is food INSPECTION SERVICES?
Food inspection services include systematic monitoring of processes, products and systems along the entire value chain and identifying deviation or non-conforming products if any, at an early stage. The scope of work includes production, distribution, logistics, storage and other aspects that are critical and need to be aligned to the core function, to ensure a comprehensive outlook towards quality, safety and acceptability.
TÜV SÜD provides premium inspection, testing and audit services to ensure the quality and safety of food and agricultural commodities in your supply chain, covering a wide range of food and agriculture items such as fresh, frozen, canned, processed and packaged foods.
FOOD INSPECTION PROVIFDES YOUR ORGANISATION WITH MULTIPLE BENEFITS
Mitigate risks – by identifying quality and safety issues at an early stage to protect consumer's safety & interest.
Prevent deceptive market practices – by minimizing risks and recalls.
Inspire confidence – by ensuring your products and processes comply with international standards.
HOW CAN WE HELP YOU?
Inspection services catered to
Animal foods, feeds and ingredients
Fish and fishery products
Fruits fruits and vegetables
Meat and meat products
Vegetable oil and oils seeds
Other food products
- Initial Production Check (IPC): Inspection of raw material prior to production or when 5% -20% of the goods are produced and tracing of problems back to the production line and raw materials
- During production (DUPRO) Inspection: this inspection is conducted, when 25% to 40% of the production is completed and product packing has started
- Final Random Inspection (FRI): this detailed inspection is conducted, when the total consignment is packed and ready for dispatch.
During FRI, shall evaluate -
- Sensory checking (odour, flavour, colour, texture)
- Physical Examination
- Metrological checking
- Packaging condition
- Printing, Shipping marks, Bar Code & label verification
- Traceability of product - farm to customer
- Hygiene Inspection (HI): inspection of workers’ personal hygiene, building and equipment sanitation, food handling, process inspections and audits are conducted.
- Loading Supervision: Covers checking container cleanliness, product & quantity verification, stuffing & sealing of container
- Sampling & Testing: Verifying product is free from pathogens & banned substances
- Mystery Shopping : A method of gauging customer experience & quality of the product by visiting stores as a secret customer. It is an effective tool to gain insight into the customer needs & improve in areas where a product or company is lacking.
- Post Shipment Inspection: This process involves the detailed inspection of cargo upon arrival at the port of destination.
- Inspection as per SFDA guidelines: To assess the conformity of a consignment to Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, the verification of conformity process will follow one of two levels of compliance, named “routes”. The choice of the route depends on the profile of the exporter. These are –
- Route A - for exporters with infrequent shipments (Non registered products)
It involves pre-shipment inspection and pre-shipment testing of products. Physical inspection can be carried out to verify the labelling / markage, storage and other visual verification.
- Route B - for regular exporters with homogenous products (Registered products)
This process involves product testing for compliance and the statement of Product Registration is valid for a year.
WHY CHOOSE TÜV SÜD?
TÜV SÜD’s integrated approach towards quality, safety and efficiency will assist you to enhance your productivity and the quest to deliver quality and safe products, while controlling costs. Our experts conduct the inspection as per the current regulations and keep you abreast of the rapidly changing regulatory requirements. Our inspection activities are accredited as per international standard ISO/IEC 17020 and inspection processes and procedures are audited by National accreditation body NABCB, assuring clients of strict adherence to the national and international laws and regulations.
- Extensive presence across various countries gives an edge on dealing with customers & inspections
- Presence across India gives the advantage of arranging inspection in short notice from customers
- External Audits - ISO 17027 and ISO 17020 by NABCB
- Adopted 4-eye principle - Reports are reviewed & verified by product specialists
- Customer audits to assess the efficacy of their product inspections
- Periodic audits by Central Quality Monitoring team of TÜV SÜD Head Office, Germany to evaluate system & personnel involved in inspections