TÜV SÜD is the leading independent building lifecycle expert both globally and locally. Our BIM construction management experts audit, certify or manage your project based on (but not limited to) ISO 19650 or your internal corporate BIM standards. We work with you to manage your BIM project for every building type across design, construction and operation stages.
Our BIM management services bring you a multi-disciplinary team of certified BIM senior experts who support you on every step of your BIM transformation journey.
Our ultimate goal: Empower you and your building lifecycle success by implementing, testing and optimising construction and operation aspects right from the design phase.
TÜV SÜD BIM Management services
TÜV SÜD offers a variety of BIM management services that value-add as compared to conventional BIM management:
- Validation, audit and assessment of BIM models developed by your consultants and contractors. We also oversee the entire operational BIM management of your projects.
- Local BIM experts who have international experience and a proven track record with clear customer references for government, industrial and REIT-financed BIM projects.
- BIM services for both IFC and native Revit projects by teams with long-term experience in both fields and first level support from the relevant technology providers.
- Multi-layer BIM management as a quality & risk measure covering all lifecycle phases, such as BIM in design, BIM in construction and BIM management for AsBuilt including BIM2CAFM.
- Our BIM management team provides a Common Data Environment (CDE) as an option for your entire project ecosystem, enabling an ISO 19650 compliant, highly agile and accurate BIM workflow.
- Model Checks with integrated constructability, maintainability, security and safety as well as sustainability aspects to reduce the effort and response time for BIM management so that findings can be effectively incorporated into the project.
Or drop us an email at [email protected]
Three BIM management packages that meet your needs
TÜV SÜD offers three different BIM management Service Packages depending on the kind of support you require:
1. Operative BIM Project Management Office:
In this package, we take an active, operational role as your integrated Quality, Risk and Data Manager in IFC and RVT projects. We ensure that BIM workflows and BIM models are compliant to ISO 19650 or fulfill your inhouse quality standards. This package provides:
- Development of Exchange Information Requirements (EIR) and the BIM Execution Plan (BEP) for successful BIM management and BIM use. This helps you comply with ISO 19650, local technical standards and inhouse design & construction standards.
- Run periodical checks and audits of BIM Models created and updated by consultants and contractors. We also provide a Model Checker for Automatic Code Compliance and install a Model Federation office, if required.
- Build up requirements and auditing AsBuilt models to ensure maximum compatibility with your CAFM and local legal operational compliance.
- Being the BIM knowledge, quality and risk hub for your project stakeholders, and not just documenting errors, TÜV SÜD BIM management takes on an active role as BIM-sparring partner to achieve best BIM quality.
2. Third-party BIM Audit and Digital Inspection
In this package, TÜV SÜD audits and evaluates the IFC and Revit BIM models created by your consultants and contractors independently and helps you approve the project, raise Requests for Information (RfI) or Requests for Change (RfC) based on:
- Your specific contract and individual project requirements
- Local or international standards
- TÜV SÜD’s BIM Quality & Risk Standard – we provide a 65-point Model Check and Quality Index during BIM management
3. Technical validation and optimisation
Our BIM management team works closely with other TÜV SÜD technical experts to validate and optimise your project. We bring in technical experts in fields such as thermal and CFD simulation, HVAC, fire safety, BMS design and façade design. We uses your consultants/contractors’ BIM models as a basis for technical validations. We then verify whether the design fulfils local or contracted measures for constructability, maintainability, energy efficiency and other issues that influence CAPEX and OPEX.
- Sustainability: TÜV SÜD’s internal Advisory Institute for Simulation and Energy Efficiency advises, optimises and executes conformities for later BREEAM or LEED certification on the basis of BIM planning. We create energy certificates e.g. according to DIN EN 16247, Singapore’s Green Building Mark and determine the Life Cycle Assessment (LCA)
- Building technology: TÜV SÜD experts for building equipment and elevators support builders and planners in proving whether contractual and standard-compliant specialist planning is available. They also advise on BIM planning models regarding safe, economical designs and sensible use of materials and systems.
- Simulation: TÜV SÜD's simulation experts assess BIM planning with regards to various comfort issues such as thermal simulations or CFD and safety issues, such as fire protection and escape route simulations.
Contact the team or drop us an email at [email protected] now to find out more about the 3 different BIM management packages.
TÜV SÜD BIM SERVICES ACROSS BUILDING LIFECYCLE
TÜV SÜD provides your organisation with a comprehensive range of BIM services. From BIM Consulting and Advisory to training to strategy, we support your BIM transformation every step of the way.
Our BIM Management work
The following projects provide an insight into TÜV SÜD BIM management. All BIM management references have been explicitly agreed as public content from our customers. Get in touch with the team or drop us an email at [email protected] now to get more insights on TÜV SÜD BIM Management work:
TÜV SÜD BIM Audit for a 90,000 sqm Congress Center new built in compliance with ISO 19650 and ISO 16739.