What is food contaminant testing?
A food contaminant testing reduces risk associated with food contaminant by undergoing a thorough chemical and microbiological analysis and gives food manufacturers and producers confidence of their product ingredients.
Why is food contaminant testing important?
Food contaminations can occur in numerous ways. For example, dioxins can enter the food chain at any point of the production cycle and contaminate the food chain. Antibiotics can also enter the food chain through use in farmed seafood and growth hormones in meat. Aflatoxins also appear in dried fruits and nuts due to poor handling, or poor storage. And heavy or toxic metals like mercury, lead and arsenic can appear in the food chain as environmental contaminants in grains and fish.As a business, you need to be aware of potential environmental and process contaminants such as growth hormones and aflatoxins entering the food chain.
When consumed by your customers, those contaminants can be harmful, seriously affecting human health. They can even cause reproductive and developmental problems, damage the immune system, interfere with hormones, and also cause cancer.
As a result, you must have your food tested for the levels of such contaminants in order to meet the legal and export requirements. This will help protect your business, your brand and minimise the risk of negative health impacts.
food contaminant testing provides your organisation with multiple benefits:
- Mitigate risk - by minimizing quality and safety issue with independent testing
- Save time and money - TÜV SÜD is a one-stop solutions provider that can serve your company’s need.
- Shorten time to market - with the help of our sophisticated infrastructure and advance knowledge of regulations.
- Enhanced quality and productivity - TÜV SÜD works with you along the entire product development lifecycle to ensure compliance to national and international standards.
- Inspire confidence - by ensuring your products and processes comply with national and international standards, you inspire greater confidence in your buyer.
how can we help you?
Our food contamination testing includes a detailed assessment of:
- Antibiotic residues
- Pesticide residues
- Heavy metals
- Polychlorinated biphenyl (PCBs)
- Polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH)
- Illegal dyes (like Sudan dyes, malachite green, rhodamine and others)
- Pentachlorophenol (PCP)
- Phthalates in food
- Volatile Organic Compounds (VOC)
We also conduct:
- Microbiological analysis for food, water and environment
- Process and product audits (according to customer requirements)
- Supplier audits (to minimise the risk from external sources)
- Hygiene audits
why choose TÜV SÜD?
TÜV SÜD is an independent certification body which is accredited to globally recognised standards. Our experienced experts can help you gain the trust of your customers by making sure that your products are of the highest possible quality.
Our food contaminants testing services help you safeguard their supply chains and operations to monitor for contaminations and ensure food safety and hygiene in your supply chain. With our global network of laboratories, we support you in mitigating the risk of non-compliance in your business and ensure that your products meet local and international guidelines.