Certification, Testing & Training
Certification, Testing & Training
TÜV SÜD has extensive expertise in electric vehicle services, providing the full scope of solutions to help you meet the safety requirements of these new energy vehicles.
We provide a comprehensive range of EV services that covers all aspects of design and development, addressing the vehicle, battery and infrastructure aspects of e-Mobility. Through our testing, certification and training services for EV, TÜV SÜD serves as a one-stop facilitator for the safe implementation of EV solutions, from the earliest blueprints to market commercialisation.
Assure safety, marketability and compliance throughout the entire value chain, right from electric vehicle components and systems to batteries and charging infrastructure.
Global Market Access
Partner with us to meet your local and global testing & certification requirements applicable in target markets, facilitated by globally accredited laboratories (DIN EN ISO / IEC 17025). Also gain confidence with us, as we support your requirements for approval tests under ECE-R100.02 and other international standards of all vehicle categories, systems and components.
Some key milestones with stakeholders
- Through a recently signed MoU with ComfortDelGro Engineering we have jointly developed a training programme that aims to upskill automotive technicians on the safe handling of high voltage systems in electric and hybrid vehicles. This partnership aims to set industry standards and enable more skilled technicians to be readily available as Singapore works towards a more sustainable future.
- Our strategic partnership with Contemporary Amperex Technology Co. Limited (CATL) has further enhanced our expertise in battery testing & certification, functional safety and other areas to provide services that will mitigate potential risks and help achieve steady & safe development of the global new energy industry.
- Our commitment to sustainability has been further cemented through a pilot project at Microvast GmbH, where we have developed a climate-friendly and sustainable approach, covering the entire product cycle of battery production. Using SDGs as a benchmark, our teams have identified specific indicators and opportunities for improvement of sustainability through regular tracking and monitoring.
Widespread adoption of electric vehicles can only be achieved when safe, reliable and convenient electric vehicle charging infrastructure is in place. Electric vehicle charging station infrastructure and technology are developed based on new technologies that require extensive testing and certification to relevant standards. At TÜV SÜD, we provide test plans and product testing to ensure specifications are met.
In addition to EV charger testing and EV charging station certification, our e-mobility experts can provide electric charging station companies and manufacturers utilise reliable testing data to make further design improvements to the electric vehicle charging infrastructure.
TÜV SÜD offer services to test for electrical, environmental (including EMC) and functional safety, providing the results of each test so that any issues can be addressed efficiently. We provide tests to safety and quality standards including but not limited to TR 25:2016, IEC 61851‐1, IEC 61851‐21‐2, IEC 61851-23, IEC 62196‐1, IEC 62196‐2, IEC 62196-3. With our extensive accreditations for e-Mobility and electric vehicle, we are able to provide the CB Scheme Certification and TÜV SÜD mark according to IEC 61851.
This e-mobility course is funded under the e2i programme. The 4-day course aims to support automobile electricians, mechatronics engineers, and mechanics to develop their competence as qualified electrician for High Voltage (HV) systems in motor vehicles (e.g. electric cars, hybrid vehicles).
This course consists of 4 modules:
Upon successful completion of the course, participants will be able to assess the work delegated to them, reliably recognise possible dangers, and put into practice all necessary protective measures.
Participants who passed the examination at the end of the course will receive a Certificate for Qualified Electrician for High Voltage System in Vehicles.
Achieve your HV certification for EV with TÜV SÜD now!
As one of the key components of an electric vehicle, the performance and reliability of batteries is of paramount importance to ensure the quality of the entire vehicle. Our experts focus on R&D testing to support customers right from the start to develop safe EV batteries through multiple domains - electrical, chemical, corrosive, mechanical and abusive.
- IEC 60068
- IEC 62620
- ISO 12405
- ISO 16750
- ISO 20653
Our testing and certification solutions:
- Battery safety and abuse testing
- Battery performance and lifecycle testing
- Battery environmental and durability testing
- Battery mechanical testing
- Battery material testing and chemical analysis
- Battery certification and global market access
Get in touch with us for Electric Vehicle solutions for your esteemed organisation.
Email: [email protected]