Post COVID-19 restart solution
During the COVID-19 pandemic, Additive Manufacturing played an important role in meeting the soaring demand for masks and parts due to the ease of production compared to traditional manufacturing. This allow many designs to be prototyped, tested and revised. At the same time, it shines a spotlight on the quality and consistency of Additive Manufactured products. As manufacturers move towards a resilient supply chain, industrialization of Additive Manufacturing becomes the new normal. In order to achieve industrial grade production, a robust quality and product safety approach is necessary.
This program is developed by TÜV SÜD to support additive manufacturing companies to achieve quality and consistency in industrial additive manufacturing by adopting standards and certification. It is applicable to all industry verticals with additive manufacturing. Through this program, we want to help accelerate the AM manufacturer’s go-to-market capabilities through a rigorous examination of the quality and process framework. Where gaps are identified, generic training will be provided for the AM manufacturer to determine the right methods.
This program for Singapore companies will be supported by National Additive Innovation Manufacturing Clusters (NAMIC) and aligned to capability development objectives of Enterprise Singapore (ESG) programs. Small Medium Enterprises from Singapore interested in this program may be eligible for the Enterprise Development Grant (EDG) offered by ESG.
Through this program, Additive Manufacturing service providers can establish a comprehensive quality management system. This will help the company meet product quality requirements and specifications which can lead to reduced cost of defects and achieve best return of investment.
Guidance to creation of test plan for AM parts
- Technical scan of applicable international and industry standards applicable to one specific AM product selected for review
- Product risk assessment
- AM materials, design & process selection
- Part specific post-processing methods selections
Competence training for personnel
- Training of up to 2 key personnel in AM quality and production management based on DIN SPEC 17071
- Training will cover legal requirements of AM facility Health & Safety legal requirements; and an overview of AM industrial standards
Industrial AM production quality & consistency certification
- Dual-stage audit is conducted based on DIN SPEC 17071, ISO/ASTM PWI 52920-2 and TÜV SÜD internal quality requirements to achieve Industrial AM manufacturer quality management system
- The Industrial AM manufacturer quality management system indicates that the AM manufacturer has achieved minimum requirements to be able to provide a serial AM part production in a consistent and quality manner
Our experts have vast experience in terms of Additive manufacturing facility setup, operation and materials/final product testing and inspection, experience in quality management systems in various industries. We are on the front line of the additive manufacturing revolution, staying up to date with the latest standards and techniques through our participation in the ISO/ASTM 261 and DIN CEN/TC 438 standardisation committees.
Reduce risk – by ensuring product quality and consistency
Cost savings – by reducing the manufacturing cost from failure
Gain a competitive edge – through improve the certainty, reliability and reproducibility of your products
Chọn vị trí
Bosnia and Herzegovina