UAE: RoHS interim implemented guidelines 2021
NOVEMBER 2021 - ELECTRICALS AND ELECTRONICS
This document provides interim guidelines for the implementation of the UAE RoHS – Restriction of Hazardous Substances. The interim period is from 04-November-2021 to 31-December-2021. The new documentary requirements are as below:
a. Declaration of Compliance (DoC)
b. Declaration or confirmation from any ISO 17025 accredited laboratory that testing has been commissioned including the expected date of completing the test/s and issuance of the test results/reports.
c. Copy of ISO 17025 accreditation certificate and scope of the laboratory.
- Expected date of completing the test/s and issuance of the test results/reports shall not exceed more than 6 months (180 days) from the issuance date of the Certificate of Conformity.
- Failure on the part of the Applicant to provide compliant results/reports on or before this deadline shall mean the cancellation of the issued Certificate of Conformity and applicable product recall/s.
- Application/s during this Interim Period shall be received, processed, and completed (with the issuance of a Certificate of Conformity) within the same period.
- Notified Bodies processing applications during the Interim Period shall ensure that the 3rd party test reports indicated in the declaration or confirmation are collected, assessed and/or verified and its records updated in eServices to close the application completely.
- If the resulting test reports show non-compliance with the regulation, the Notified Body and the Applicant shall ensure that the corresponding Certificates of Conformity are cancelled and the necessary product recall actions are arranged in coordination with MoIAT.
TUV SUD Middle East is notified body for UAE RoHs conformity assessment. Please contact us for more details.