Job Title: Industrial machine safety specialist
Safety audits / risk assessments / functional safety
Function: Senior Consultant (Technical Expert)
Schedule: Full time
Division / BU: Industry Services / Power & Systems Business Unit
Location: Bucharest / Romania
Reports to: Industry Services Division Manager
SHORT DESCRIPTION OF JOB OPENING
Assessment of industrial machines (industrial production lines) to determine a reasonable degree of confidence, that the equipment is built as per design intent, is safe and compliant with the requirements from the Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC and all the harmonized European standards. Aim of the assessment is to verify that all functions of the machinery comply with the current safety regulations and to verify that the equipment functions in a safe and controlled manner, to provide adequate operator safety.
If you are interested in this position, please send an email containing your CV and a cover letter to [email protected] with the subject "Technical Expert".
I. Tasks & Responsibility
• Performing safety audits and/or CE marking conformity assessments for various types of industrial machines (or production lines) and assist customers with any safety-related concerns.
• Performing visual inspection over mechanical, electrical, pneumatic and hydraulic systems of the machines, for identifying hazards/non-compliances (areas with potential risks of injury).
• Assessing and testing all the components of the existing safety control system.
• Checking the existing documentation of the industrial machine to ensure that all the relevant information exist and is in compliance with the applicable legislative requirements (standards, directives).
• Establishing the risk level (low/medium/high) for each identified hazard.
• Providing recommendation (detailed control measures) for eliminating or controlling the risk associated to each identified hazard.
• Defining the action plan that needs to be followed to ensure that the assessed industrial machines (production lines) are safe and comply with all relevant safety directives and standards.
II. Experience & Background
• 3 to 5 years’ experience on industrial machine safety (risk assessments, machine safeguarding, functional safety assessment).
• Thorough understanding of machine safety regulations. Knowledge of the relevant requirements of the EU Machinery Directive 2006/42/EC, ISO 12100:2010 Safety of machinery. Fundamental concepts, general principles of design and ISO 60204-1 Safety of machinery. Electrical equipment of machine.
• Experience in offering consultancy on CE marking compliance assessments for industrial machines is a plus.
• Experience in evaluation, design, and implementation of safety functions (e.g., emergency stops, light curtains) is a plus.
III. Education & Languages
• Technical University Degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Energy (power generation or industrial processes) or related field.
• Functional Safety Engineer Certification or equivalent - (is a plus).
• Language: English - fluent (is a must) / German - (is a plus).
• Holder of a valid driving license. Available for travel.
Please send your CV and a cover letter to [email protected] with the subject "Technical Expert".