Management system certification / Voluntary assessment
Basis of certification:
International standard ISO 37001
ISO International Organization for Standardization
WHAT DOES THE ISO 37001 STANDARD DEFINE?
The ISO 37001, Anti-bribery management systems, specifies a series of measures to help organizations prevent, detect and address bribery. These include adopting an anti-bribery policy, appointing a person to oversee anti-bribery compliance, training, risk assessments and due diligence on projects and business associates, implementing financial and commercial controls, and instituting reporting and investigation procedures.
It is designed to help the organization implement an anti-bribery management system or enhance the controls you currently have. It helps to reduce the risk of bribery occurring and can demonstrate to the stakeholders that the Organization has put in place internationally recognized good-practice anti-bribery controls.
WHAT DO “CERTIFICATION” OR THE ISSUE OF A CERTIFICATION MARK ACCORDING TO ISO 37001 BY TÜV ITALIA S.R.L MEAN?
- The customer has submitted to voluntary certification audit, according to defined criteria (ISO 37001 standard).
- A certificate and the authorization to use a certification mark are only issued if the certification audit is fully passed and the anti-bribery management system of the organization meets all the requirements of the standard.
- The validity of the certificates and/or certification marks is three years and maintained through the annual surveillance every 12 months and the complete review of the management system after three years.
- Unannounced audits are possible in specific cases.
HOW IS THE ASSESSMENT/AUDIT PERFORMED?
Independent and qualified experts (auditors) apply the following auditing techniques:
The process is the same applied for the certification of the other management systems.
- Document review:
Before the audit
- On-site audit:
Certification Audit Stage 1 and stage 2
Surveillance audits every 12 months (2 SA audit in the certification cycle)
Recertification Audit after three years
WHAT IS BEYOND THE SCOPE OF CERTIFICATION ACCORDING TO THE ISO 37001 STANDARD?
- This management system certification does not constitute product certification.
- Certification thus does not provide any direct statements on the quality of a product or service of the certified customer. Certification according to ISO 37001does not mean that the company manufactures products or provides services of higher quality.
- Certification according to ISO 37001 does not guarantee that an organisation complies with requirements for anti-bribery laws and regulations in each individual case, even though this is one of the key objectives of the management system.
- A certification does not confirm that the technical and organizational measures taken by the company to prevent, detect and address bribery are functioning without errors.